Photo

Questions, NO. Answers to recent events.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rich Kennedy

Rich Kennedy

Striking a balance between the cerebral and six month old puppy

• 2,543 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

Let's take stock of the situation.
  • Alan is no longer a participant (guest is the term, meaning "non-entity")
  • There are no mod controls for anyone
  • Only you can delete only your posts.

All this means that we can forego the paranoia first of all. Second, while Image gets its ducks in a row and receives from Alan, we can practice forceful and profound conversation politely.

Finally, none of this implies that Alan really is a non-person. He has released himself from this forum with an awful gracious goodbye. Let's remember that and forget the rest. Let's also recall that we know each other pretty well and what to expect from each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt even if different dff's of politness seem to be the case. Right now parry and finesse are skills wisely cultivated.

#2 opus

opus

Supernatural Blood Sprinkling Victory Package

• Administrator
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:59 AM

Here, here.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

• 844 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:01 PM

I've been sitting here, catching up on whatever apparently went down over the past two days, finding it very difficult to know what to write. My first impulse would be to say simply how sad I am that things have come to this...yet everyone else has said as much elsewhere. I guess once again, I haven't anything that is useful to add.

I have noted tension for some time between certain people, but never did I imagine that it would result in people leaving this community, or in the type of meanness or name-calling that I have caught snippets of here today, etc. Perhaps I am just clueless, but all of this has happened quickly, and I still don't understand the exact nature of yesterday's blow-up (nor the apparently long-standing animosity or tension that led to it)

I feel a particularly sharp sense of discouragement whenever I observe two (or three, or four, or five) people, each of whom I like and respect as individuals, at odds with one another. It's like watching your parents argue: you love them both, so what the hell are you supposed to think?

Count me as disappointed, discouraged, deflated...most of all, surprised. sad.gif

#4 Christian

Christian

• 10,760 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Jeff @ May 8 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel a particularly sharp sense of discouragement whenever I observe two (or three, or four, or five) people, each of whom I like and respect as individuals, at odds with one another. It's like watching your parents argue: you love them both, so what the hell are you supposed to think?

You're supposed to blame yourself, Jeff. smile.gif Bottle it up for several years, then seek counseling.

Sorry to kid around, and sorrier still if I've been a source of your discouragement. If it makes you feel any better, I've been right there with you, feeling beaten down.