11 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

Dear A&Fers:

ArtsandFaith is now sponsored by IMAGE -- http://imagejournal.org.

So this forum will serve a couple important purposes.

It will be a place where you can comment on, or ask questions about, any aspect of IMAGE's programs -- our journal, the Glen Workshop, our blog, "Good Letters," etc., etc.

It will also be the place where IMAGE posts announcements we think will be of interest to you-all.

Keep in mind that supporting IMAGE is now a way to support ArtsandFaith -- as we put staff time and budget into keeping this forum alive and kicking we need to find new resources.

The best way to support IMAGE is to subscribe to our quarterly print journal -- http://imagejournal....page/subscribe/.

Of course, we're a non-profit, so you can donate, too, but I won't push that option on you today!

Cheers,

Greg Wolfe

#2 Denny Wayman

Denny Wayman

• 807 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

Hey Greg, I appologize to ask this since others seem to know you. But I don't and would like to know what brings you to IMAGE and to this discussion board. So...what makes your day and life?

Denny

#3 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Denny Wayman @ May 9 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Greg, I appologize to ask this since others seem to know you. But I don't and would like to know what brings you to IMAGE and to this discussion board. So...what makes your day and life?

Denny

Fair question, Denny. I'm a little under the gun at the moment while on a writing retreat trying to finish a book, but the short answer is that I co-founded IMAGE 20 years ago to provide a forum for the best contemporary writing and art that engage the Judeo-Christian tradition. About five years ago I became a lurker here on A&F because it has been interested in the same nexus.

I've been in touch with several of the regular posters at A&F for years, so when it came to finding a new home, IMAGE came up in the conversation pretty quickly!

My own website, with some info about me, is here: http://gregorywolfe.com.

If you'd like to read a feature story that goes toward your question, there's a Seattle Times piece here.

Forgive me for not writing more at the moment.

Cheers,

Greg

#4 Denny Wayman

Denny Wayman

• 807 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

No need to apologize. The webpage and article give a good beginning to this conversation.

When it says you converted to Catholicism, from where did you convert?

Denny

#5 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Denny Wayman @ May 10 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most immediately from the Episcopal Church, but I'd had a fairly long journey that included Christian Science and the Congregational Church in my youth!

#6 beckyhaigler

beckyhaigler

• New User
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Greg Wolfe @ May 9 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear A&Fers:

ArtsandFaith is now sponsored by IMAGE -- http://imagejournal.org.

say, Greg, i'll follow IMAGE anywhere! looking forward to new conversations with the A&F crew and some of the old IMAGErs.

becky

#7 djs

djs

• 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

Howdy! Love the Avatar, Greg.

You may ignore my FB question, as (obviously) I eventually found the arts and faith email in my spam box.

Dunno how I'll juggle FB, my usual writing critique forum, and here, but I look forward to stopping by.

Deborah J. Shore, a fellow redhead

#8 Cunningham

Cunningham

Easy, Prescient, Interpersonal. Previously Solishu.

• 1,217 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

Welcome Deborah and Becky! Great to see the migration of some Image posters over here. And we were just bemoaning the lack of female voices here, so I hope you'll stick around for a while.

#9 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

Yes, welcome Becky and Deborah!

It will be great to have you post here -- as you can.

Cheers!

G

QUOTE (Cunningham @ May 21 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome Deborah and Becky! Great to see the migration of some Image posters over here. And we were just bemoaning the lack of female voices here, so I hope you'll stick around for a while.

#10 Denny Wayman

Denny Wayman

• 807 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Greg Wolfe @ May 10 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Denny Wayman @ May 10 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most immediately from the Episcopal Church, but I'd had a fairly long journey that included Christian Science and the Congregational Church in my youth!

Fascinating journey. I would love a week to unpack that one!

Denny

#11 djs

djs

• 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:45 AM

[/quote]

Fascinating journey. I would love a week to unpack that one!

Denny
[/quote]

I'm with Denny on that one, btw.

Thanks, Cunningham and Greg. Cunningham, I had (he was killed) an uncle from Bolivia--father to many churches in that country as I understand.

#12 djs

djs

• 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

I tried posting comments on two paintings above, but they did not take. So I am experimenting now to see if this thread will accept my posts. I don't know what's going on.

Best,
Deborah