Photo

Official Announcement: New Moderators (and other pertinent information)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:39 PM

Dear A&F members,

Hello! All of us at Image thank you for your patience during this transition. We would like to share a quick word with you about how things will work from now on.

Moderation

The Image staff has decided to take on a few helpers to keep things running smoothly. The following members are now serving in a limited capacity as moderators:

opus
SDG
Josh Hurst
Christian
Rich Kennedy

What moderators will be doing:
1) Splitting and renaming threads as needed to avoid confusion.
2) Weeding out spam.
3) Gently nudging threads down healthy, gracious pathways (please be nice to them!). Ungracious conflicts that continue despite the courteous requests of moderators will be handled by Image staff.

What moderators will not be doing:
1) Deleting any non-spam posts.
2) Banning members. The Image staff responsible for A&F will make the final decision on any content-related deletions or bans.

General Support

If you have technical difficulties with anything, or questions about how anything works, please reply to this thread. I will keep it open and check back often for questions and support. Greg is ready to step back from hands-on board administration at this point, so from now on please PM me instead of him with inquiries.**

**If you have had trouble posting topics or editing your profile recently, comment here! We’ve resolved the problem and will get you taken care of.

Thank you again for welcoming the Image community with open arms!

- Anna J at Image

#2 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 17,183 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:23 AM

I'm glad to see the board in the hands of such sensible guys. Cheers!

And thank you again, Image team, for your enthusiasm, and for being so sensitive to our ideas and hopes.

Edited by Overstreet, 26 June 2009 - 12:24 AM.

#3 David Smedberg

David Smedberg

Ha! Mush.

• 1,117 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:46 AM

Anna,

Thank you! And a warm welcome... biggrin.gif

#4 RHoustonS

RHoustonS

• 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

I recently signed up for an account and validated the account from the email I received. I could initially enter my personal profile information. When I try to edit this information now I get an error message stating "You are not allowed to use this part of the board" Any suggestions?

Thanks,

RHoustonS

#5 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:39 AM

RHoustonS

I believe you have to post on the board before you gain permission to do other things.

My understanding is that this is an anti-spam device.

Could you post somewhere and then try editing your profile again?

Thanks for your patience.

QUOTE (RHoustonS @ Aug 17 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recently signed up for an account and validated the account from the email I received. I could initially enter my personal profile information. When I try to edit this information now I get an error message stating "You are not allowed to use this part of the board" Any suggestions?

Thanks,

RHoustonS

#6 RHoustonS

RHoustonS

• 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:49 AM

Greg,

When you say post do mean start a new topic? I tried to start a new topic in About You/Introductions and the Visual Art, Architecture, & Design area but still get the same error message. I can reply but just can't start a new topic. Perhaps I missed something when I signed up for the account?

QUOTE (Greg Wolfe @ Aug 18 2009, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RHoustonS

I believe you have to post on the board before you gain permission to do other things.

My understanding is that this is an anti-spam device.

Could you post somewhere and then try editing your profile again?

Thanks for your patience.

QUOTE (RHoustonS @ Aug 17 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks,

RHoustonS

#7 MattPage

MattPage

Bible Films Geek.

• 4,192 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

Hi RHoustonS and welcome.

This is an anti-spam thing. We used to occasionally get someone sign up and start a load of new spam-like posts. I think you have to make 3-5 replies before you are able to start a new thread. Awkward if you're just looking for a quick answer, but (as someone not affiliated with board management at all), I have to say it's a pretty good place to hang out whilst you wait.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Matt

#8 RHoustonS

RHoustonS

• 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:44 PM

Sounds good. Thanks for the info. Matt. I wasn't aware of that.

QUOTE (MattPage @ Aug 19 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is an anti-spam thing. We used to occasionally get someone sign up and start a load of new spam-like posts. I think you have to make 3-5 replies before you are able to start a new thread. Awkward if you're just looking for a quick answer, but (as someone not affiliated with board management at all), I have to say it's a pretty good place to hang out whilst you wait.

Matt

#9 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:02 AM

Thanks for the clarification, Matt. The board is under new management and we're still learning a few tricks. Anna, who will be the board manager, has just moved from half-time to full-time at IMAGE, which will make it a lot easier for her to take charge and master all the fine points!

QUOTE (RHoustonS @ Aug 19 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds good. Thanks for the info. Matt. I wasn't aware of that.

QUOTE (MattPage @ Aug 19 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Matt