Spammers

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#1 Buckeye Jones

Buckeye Jones

Killer of threads

• 1,724 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:16 AM

Don't click on her links. Even the Michael Jackson ones.

Edited by Buckeye Jones, 29 July 2009 - 06:33 AM.

#2 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

Posts deleted, spammer banned.

Thanks!

QUOTE (Buckeye Jones @ Jul 2 2009, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't click on her links. Even the Michael Jackson ones.

#3 Buckeye Jones

Buckeye Jones

Killer of threads

• 1,724 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

Mazzurbaf is now spamming. Is there a "report" feature on here?

#4 BethR

BethR

Getting medieval on media

• 2,856 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

Does it count as spam if "CocoChanels" sends an unsolicited PM advertising some professional service? Ew.

Edited by BethR, 25 July 2009 - 06:31 PM.

#5 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,617 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:46 PM

BethR wrote:
: Does it count as spam if "CocoChanels" sends an unsolicited PM advertising some professional service? Ew.

Ditto.

I was also surprised that I didn't receive an e-mail notifying me of this PM. I used to get e-mail notifications all the time. Has that feature been turned off?

#6 metalfoot

metalfoot

• 120 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

As I alluded to elsewhere, CocoChanel's spam reminded me to stop by this forum. Obviously I'm still getting email notifications.

#7 MrZoom

MrZoom

• 114 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

I also got a PM spam from CocoChanels and was wondering how to report it.

#8 SDG

SDG

Catholic deflector shield

• 9,009 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

This is the right place to report spammers. Moderators can escalate to Image management for banning.

#9 mrmando

mrmando

Lassie, the Barbarian Musical Thinker

• 3,636 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:39 AM

Yeah, well, CocoChanel needs to go. PM-spam ... yuck!

#10 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,617 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

FWIW, I got ANOTHER private message from CocoChanels yesterday. And again, no e-mail notification.

Oh, and now we have Keller.

#11 Harris-Stone

Harris-Stone

• 83 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

new user Genroxbro posted spam in the film makers forum.

The point of his/her post is the link, not the stupid broadside against British film that is absolutely meaningless.

#12 SDG

SDG

• 9,009 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Harris-Stone @ Jul 30 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The point of his/her post is the link, not the stupid broadside against British film that is absolutely meaningless.

Especially since the post "responds" to a nonexistent post by a nonexistent user. I've removed the post and will report the offender.

#13 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

Recent offenders have been banned.

Thanks everyone for your help.

QUOTE (SDG @ Jul 30 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Harris-Stone @ Jul 30 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Especially since the post "responds" to a nonexistent post by a nonexistent user. I've removed the post and will report the offender.

#14 BethR

BethR

• 2,856 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:38 AM

Reply by new user gumpos in Literature forum added a (probable) spam link to quoted text. Added nothing further to the conversation but "me too"

Edited by BethR, 07 August 2009 - 07:39 AM.

#15 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:23 AM

gumpos will gum up the works no longer....

QUOTE (BethR @ Aug 7 2009, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reply by new user gumpos in Literature forum added a (probable) spam link to quoted text. Added nothing further to the conversation but "me too"

#16 Persona

Persona

You said you'd wait... 'Til the end of the world.

• 7,460 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:30 AM

I don't ever remember receiving a spam PM at A&F before but this morning I logged in and found this old scam.

Should I contact her to get her bank acct number?

From Sister(Mrs).Adelin Kayima,
Abidjan Cote d Ivoire West Africa

Dearest in the lord,

I am Mrs Adelin H. Kayima ,from Sierra Leone.I am married to late Dr Chris Kayima, who worked with Sierra Leone Embassy in Ivory Coast for Twenty-Six years before he died in the year 2003,after a brief illness that lasted for only five days. We were married for Eighteen years with a duaghter (Sianeh) who later died in a motor accident.Before the untimely death of my husband,we were both born again Christians(from Moslem to Christianity). And since after his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of (US$2.5M )Two Million,Five hundred Thousand United States Dollars) in a General Trust Account with a prime bank in Abidjan Cote d Ivoire. Presently,this money is still with the bank. Following my ill health, being a victim to cancer , I have decided to donate this fund to a Christain organizations (Church) that will utilize this fund the way I am going to instruct herein,according to the desire of my late husband. I want this fund to be used in Christain Activities like,Orphanages, Christain schools, and Churches for propagating the word of God and to endeavour that the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that "Blessed is the hand that giveth". I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that "the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace". I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health as well the presence of my husband's relatives around me .I don't want them to know about this development. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank here in Abidjan. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and Truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life as well commit me into your daily prayers. Contact me on this e-mail address:(adelinkayima@hosanna.net), any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another Church for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply immediately .

Remain blessed in the Lord.
Yours in Christ,
Sister Adelin Kayima .
Avenue 4 Marcory residential
14 bp 211 Abidjan 14

oh - username Adelin

Edited by Persona, 20 August 2009 - 09:30 AM.

#17 SDG

SDG

• 9,009 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:58 AM

Thanks, P. A lot of us got this one -- the user has been reported.

#18 Andy Whitman

Andy Whitman

• 3,238 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (SDG @ Aug 20 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, P. A lot of us got this one -- the user has been reported.

I'm sort of bummed that I didn't. I could use the $2.5M.

#19 Rich Kennedy

Rich Kennedy

Striking a balance between the cerebral and six month old puppy

• 2,543 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

Yeah. Any one of us could. Adelin has been banned. I woke up this morning to her "plea".

#20 BethR

BethR

• 2,856 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

post by "allygal" in Thomas Wolfe thread appears to be primarily for purpose of inserting spam link in quote:
http://artsandfaith....mp;#entry202435