• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 M. Dale Prins

M. Dale Prins

Stop! Do a drum solo instead!

• 1,420 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 10:12 AM

: um Dale, spoilers? please?

Are you saying you would like spoilers, or that I have now spoiled the show for you?

Regardless, I have turned myself in to Alan for this violation.

Dale

#22 M. Leary

M. Leary

• 5,480 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 10:15 AM

Indeed Prins, you got your Yi-Yi and your La Promesse. I hope you are happy!

I certainly am.

#23 Ron Reed

Ron Reed

Listmaster Extraordinaire

• 3,263 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (M. Dale Prins @ May 6 2004, 06:47 PM)
...In the third round, I got more films I passionately care about on the list  ...than in the entire massive second round. 

That was the hope, with these here juries. Guess they worked!

La PromesseVanyaYi Yi!  a Stillman (if the wrong one)! --

MDP, we are of one mind. (Which does give me pause...) I recently decided VANYA is my #2 Fave Of All Time. When I realized LA PROMESSE is by the SON brothers, I slammed that into my video queue toot sweet. I was going to make my own post doffing the cap to Leary and Cummings for YI-YI, had you not beaten me to the draw - how I love that one! And not only do I agree that Whit had to be on my jury's list, DISCO was my third choice (of three) - but I let Jeffrey carry the day on that one. I'd put METROPOLITAN higher, with BARCELONA only slightly behind, but with another viewing might easily swap those: in either case, DISCO would be bringing up the rear.

This so makes up for my 28 percent.  I am going to cry. 

I love making people cry.

#24 Ron Reed

Ron Reed

• 3,263 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (BethR @ May 7 2004, 06:17 AM)
Well--am I right that there'll be a chance to revise it next year?

I'd be just tickled to see this become an annual thing, though I can't speak for my availability to wrangle it a year hence. But I'd love to see how the list evolves over the years. Which films (like ETERNAL SUNSHINE) drop off the list immedately because they never deserved to be there in the first place apart from having the word "eternal" in the title, and which ones are perennial choices.

Or wait--there was something about "Peculiar Treasures"?  Because Places in the Heart still isn't on this list!  sad.gif

Alan and I haven't even talked about how or where to institue the Peculiar Treasure trove. I'll take it up with him just as soon as he's done with his current task of launching the new A&E 100 dealie-o.

#25 Ron Reed

Ron Reed

• 3,263 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Ron @ May 6 2004, 04:05 PM)
As far as THE ADDICTION is concerned... Wrote the first draft of a response: maybe I'll post it on the main board later, time permitting.

Posted that, now, over here. Alan, should we move some of the film-specific Hot 100 threads (like the one on THE ADDICTION) over to the main board?

#26 Rich Kennedy

Rich Kennedy

Striking a balance between the cerebral and six month old puppy

• 2,543 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 06:14 PM

Ahh, it's OK. But I'm an eccentric. This is not to slight all of the incredible work done by Alan and Ron. That is bewildering!