Photo

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 28,874 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:27 AM

Links to our threads on the first and second films.

Links to our threads on other recent past, present and future alien-invasion and -visitation movies such as Cloverfield (2008), Monsters Vs. Aliens (2009), District 9 (2009), The Fourth Kind (2009), Monsters (2010), Skyline (2010), Apollo 18 (2011), Paul (2011), Battle: Los Angeles (2011), Super 8 (2011), Cowboys & Aliens (2011), Battleship (2012), Alien Sleeper Cell (in development), Dark Moon (in development), Earth Defense Force (in development), The Host (in development), Under the Skin (in development) and Year 12 (in development).

- - -

'Transformers 3' confirmed for 2011
Ending a complete lack of suspense, director Michael Bay announced on his Web site Thursday that he is officially on board to direct a third "Transformers" film for Paramount. The release date has been shuttled up a full year, from July 1, 2012, to July 1, 2011.
Stars Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox are slated to return, as is "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" co-writer Ehren Kruger. Steven Spielberg will executive produce, as he did on the first two films, which have grossed more than $1.5 billion worldwide.
Hollywood Reporter, October 1

Edited by Peter T Chattaway, 21 February 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#2 Thom Wade

Thom Wade

Happy Go Lucky Meat Machine

• 2,943 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Peter T Chattaway @ Oct 2 2009, 04:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'Transformers 3' confirmed for 2011
Ending a complete lack of suspense, director Michael Bay announced on his Web site Thursday that he is officially on board to direct a third "Transformers" film for Paramount. The release date has been shuttled up a full year, from July 1, 2012, to July 1, 2011.
Stars Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox are slated to return, as is "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" co-writer Ehren Kruger. Steven Spielberg will executive produce, as he did on the first two films, which have grossed more than $1.5 billion worldwide.
Hollywood Reporter, October 1

Well...it clearly spells dollars...don't mess with the formula, I guess.

#3 CrimsonLine

CrimsonLine

Man of Yesterday

• 1,955 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:42 AM

It's interesting that Kurzman and Orci will not be working with Bay on this one. Apparently they were not happy with some of the directions that Bay took their TF2 script. And they had some harsh things to say, especially about the racial angle of Bay's finished film.

#4 Phill Lytle

Phill Lytle

Gringo

• 357 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:50 AM

Good for them. Can we go ahead and give Transformers 3 the "Worst Film of 2011" title?

Edited by Phill Lytle, 02 October 2009 - 10:38 AM.

#5 Thom Wade

Thom Wade

• 2,943 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (CrimsonLine @ Oct 2 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's interesting that Kurzman and Orci will not be working with Bay on this one. Apparently they were not happy with some of the directions that Bay took their TF2 script. And they had some harsh things to say, especially about the racial angle of Bay's finished film.

That's something that just killed me. Much of the humor is derived from racial charicatures to the the point of the offensive. In fact, any nice moments the film had (and there were ideas I liked, regardless of Bay's execution) just do not make up for the fact that Bay leans heavily on racial stereotypes in both films with few characters of color among the heroes to balance it out. We have a black soldier...but everyone else is an over the top stereotype. What are Bay's issues non-White people?

#6 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 28,874 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:29 AM

'Transformers 3' Bringing Back 'Core Mythology' With Shia LaBeouf And Megan Fox
Goldner wants to see "Transformers 3" hearken back to the alien robots' roots and integrate more elements' from their established past.
"What we’re really doing is getting back to some of the core character development and storytelling. And I think there’s some elements of the core story that the filmmakers, Michael in particular wanted to tell," Goldner explained. "He’s really well-versed in the Transformers lore. So I think you’ll see, you know, less bedlam, more characters."
MTV Movies Blog, March 1

#7 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 28,874 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

Mike Fleming: "Michael Bay has added some quality actors to Transformers 3. He has set John Malkovich and Frances McDormand to join Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox. McDormand will play a big role, the National Intelligence Director. Malkovich plays Shia's character's first boss."

What kind of double-bill will this make with Burn After Reading, I wonder.

#8 Thom Wade

Thom Wade

• 2,943 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:29 AM

If they get George Clooney? I am in.

#9 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 28,874 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

Dunn, White sign on for 'Transformers 3'
Thesps to reprise roles as parents for Paramount sequel
Variety, April 7

#10 Thom Wade

Thom Wade

• 2,943 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:24 AM

Now we can rest easy.

#11 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 28,874 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:09 AM

The cast gets more and more interesting. The latest addition? Firefly, V and I Robot veteran Alan Tudyk.

Oh, and Shia LaBeouf just told reporters: "When I saw the second movie, I wasn't impressed with what we did. There were some really wild stunts in it, but the heart was gone." He says the third movie will be better.

#12 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 28,874 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

MICHAEL BAY'S REVENGE! No More Megan
EXCLUSIVE: I've just learned that Paramount won't be picking up Megan Fox's option on Transformers 3 -- and that it was "ultimately" director Michael Bay's decision. (So he gets his revenge for her remark comparing him to "Hitler".) Right now Bay et al are finishing up the script for the threequel and "giving Shia a new love interest makes more sense for the story," an insider tells me. . . .
Deadline.com, May 19

#13 Tyler

Tyler

I always dreamed we'd be back here.

• 5,685 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

...makes more sense for the story...
Deadline.com, May 19

Because that has always been the top priority on the Transformer movies.

#14 Rachel Anne

Rachel Anne

• 680 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

In other news, Bay is breaking with CGI for the robots and instead will be using contortionists inside live-action robot costumes on miniature sets. Still no definitive word on whether the live-action robots will be filmed in 3D.

#15 Tyler

Tyler

I always dreamed we'd be back here.

• 5,685 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

In other news, Bay is breaking with CGI for the robots and instead will be using contortionists inside live-action robot costumes on miniature sets. Still no definitive word on whether the live-action robots will be filmed in 3D.

That sounds like the Sweded version.

#16 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 28,874 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:35 AM

Megan Fox: It Was My Decision to Leave Transformers
“Megan Fox will not be starring in Transformers 3," reps for the actress, 24, tell PEOPLE. "It was her decision not to return. She wishes the franchise the best.” . . .
People, May 19

#17 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 28,874 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:32 AM

Confirmed: Megan Fox wasn't released from 'Transformers 3'... she quit
Sources close to the production tell HitFix Megan Fox was not written out of "Transformers 3," nor was it Michael Bay's decision to drop her from the film. She left the picture. Late this afternoon, her publicist released a statement exclusively to People.com stating that it was Fox's choice, but people haven't run that part of the story. They just keep writing that she was canned.
Stories like this are always tough to parse from the outside. Everyone wants to be the party in control, the one who made the choice. And in this case, it makes a great story to blame Fox's brash outspoken manner in interviews on her suddenly not appearing in this franchise. But I think it's important to at least try to figure out what happened, since we're talking about people's professional lives here. . . .
Drew McWeeny, Hitfix.com, May 20

Megan Fox Quit 'Transformers' Over Michael Bay's Abuse
EXCLUSIVE -- Megan Fox walked away from "Transformers 3" because director Michael Bay was "verbally abusive" toward her and "she had enough and decided to get out early," an individual close to the actress has told TheWrap. . . .
And while Deal Central was skeptical at first that Fox would walk away from such a lucrative role, persistent whispers around Hollywood indicated that there was another side of the story. . . .
Bay has a history of demeaning his leading ladies, including "Pearl Harbor" star Kate Beckinsale; an individual close to the actress recalled that the director "wasn't very nice" to her on the set, either.
Apparently, Fox wasn't the only "Transformers" cast member affected by Bay's rude behavior. TheWrap also learned that "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" star Isabel Lucas chose not to join her co-stars on a publicity tour for the film because she didn't get along with the director, who was described as being "too powerful" and "not well-liked" by the female talent community. . . .
TheWrap.com, May 20

#18 Thom Wade

Thom Wade

• 2,943 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:46 AM

Bay an unpleasent mysogynist? No way.

I'd say the guy's dislike for women beyond their "aesthetic value" is pretty clearly on display in most of his films.

#19 SDG

SDG

Catholic deflector shield

• 8,789 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:32 AM

What Nez said.

#20 Phill Lytle

Phill Lytle

Gringo

• 357 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:19 AM

I'd say the guy's dislike for women anyone and anything beyond their "aesthetic value" is pretty clearly on display in most of his films.