Glen 2010!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

Late reply - there are now five seats left in the film seminar. Play/Screenwriting with Bradford Winters still has several spots open too, as well as our seminar with Rodney Clapp, and Portrait Painting with Joel Sheesley.

Maybe we should get some A&F logo stickers for you all to put on your nametags. ;)

#22 Buckeye Jones

Buckeye Jones

Killer of threads

• 1,684 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:27 PM

Quick question--looks like I can fly into ABQ at 1:30ish on 8/1. Anyone else arriving then? Want to share a ride (cab/shuttle/rental car?) Will likely have to catch the red eye out of ABQ on the 8th, so might need to work out some details. Send me a PM if interested.

#23 Buckeye Jones

Buckeye Jones

Killer of threads

• 1,684 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

Down to 3 weeks to go. Rental cars are insanely expensive. So a question for those who been there before--is one necessary?

Also, anyone up for a A&F lunch/hike/happy hour whatever during the week? I think Thursday is a free 1/2 day.

#24 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

Down to 3 weeks to go. Rental cars are insanely expensive. So a question for those who been there before--is one necessary?

Also, anyone up for a A&F lunch/hike/happy hour whatever during the week? I think Thursday is a free 1/2 day.

Rental cars are not necessary. The town of Santa Fe is a 30-minute walk, and not too hot even for PNW people like me. Especially if you walk it in the morning or evening. There are also buses that leave from the college, and other people will have cars.

Thursday is a free FULL day!

#25 Crow

Crow

Alaskan Malamute

• 1,419 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

Since Thursday is a free full day, I would be up for a good hike/meal/happy hour or whatever. It could be a nice long one. :)

I also noticed that rental cars in New Mexico are really expensive. Good thing we won't need one for the entire week.

However, I am planning on staying an extra day after the conference to go visit some friends who live a few miles out of town, so I would be interested in renting a car just for one day. Is there place in town near the college where I could rent a car? Or is there a bus that runs from downtown Santa Fe north up toward Santa Cruz or Espanola?

#26 LibrarianDeb

LibrarianDeb

• 231 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

Call us crazy but we're getting a rental car :)

We (and practically anyone else with one) would be happy to give any Glen-er a ride into town.

We should definitely try and at least have a A&F table at lunch once that week. Or maybe meet up at the Thomas Parker Society :)