Photo

A & F Blog Changes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Christy E

Christy E

• 414 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:57 PM

Due to the stagnancy of the A & F blogs, we’ve decided to make some changes. The majority of the blogs are hosted externally, and other blogs are woefully out of date. Ideally, we would stream external blogs like Image’s Good Letters blog into the A & F blog section. Unfortunately, our software doesn't allow for RSS import, and we have not found any software to purchase that is compatible with IP version 3.0. So instead of having a blog tab which only provides links to external blogs, we would like to get rid of the blog feature entirely and open a blog subforum for bloggers to post links and/or paragraphs from their blogs--a pseudo-RSS-feed, if you will. Of course, if you have any suggestions about getting a true RSS feed we’d LOVE to hear about it.

If your blog is hosted in our blog section and you feel passionately about it staying there because you plan to update it or hold onto it for archival purposes, speak up for it within the next month and we’ll make a plan.

Any comments and opinions will help us! Many thanks.

#2 techne

techne

• 383 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

can a blog feed/ quote be part of our profile with some visual on our avatar area (on the left side of our posts) to indicate or link to our blog?

#3 Christy E

Christy E

• 414 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

I think we're hoping that creating a subforum will be a concentrated place for bloggers to share their links and feeds. That way, it won't be scattered around the rest of the forum, even as a part of one's profile.

#4 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:18 PM

can a blog feed/ quote be part of our profile with some visual on our avatar area (on the left side of our posts) to indicate or link to our blog?

techne: That is a good question and we will find out.

#5 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,503 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

Christy E wrote:
: Unfortunately, our software doesn't allow for RSS import . . .

Just wondering, but in a past version of this board, I think we were using something called Feedburner to convert regular blog feeds into something that this board could use -- would that still be applicable here, or is that not compatible with the latest upgrade?

#6 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

Christy E wrote:
: Unfortunately, our software doesn't allow for RSS import . . .

Just wondering, but in a past version of this board, I think we were using something called Feedburner to convert regular blog feeds into something that this board could use -- would that still be applicable here, or is that not compatible with the latest upgrade?

I don't know, but thanks for the tip! We will look into it.