Photo

Stretch Armstrong

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 30,188 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:49 AM

Links to our threads and posts on Transformers (2007-2011), G.I. Joe (2009-2012) and Battleship (2012), as well as other toy- and game-based films in development such as Candy Land, Clue, Erector Sets, Hot Wheels, Magic 8 Ball, Major Matt Mason, Micronauts, Monopoly, Ouija and Risk. To say nothing of the Mr Potato Heads, Barbies and other real-life toys that appear in the Toy Story movies.

Links to my blog posts on this film in February and March 2009.

- - -

Taylor Lautner to Play Stretch Armstrong
Stretch Armstrong is moving to 2012 to allot time to shape the project into a 3-D superhero adventure and to accommodate Lautner's existing commitments.
"In the past two years, Taylor has emerged as a real star at the global box office. He brings the perfect balance of energy and athleticism to the role of an unlikely super hero with a fantastic super power," said Langley. "We couldn't be more pleased that he has agreed to be our Stretch."
Stretch Armstrong is based on the iconic action figure made popular around the world beginning in the 1970s and re-launched in the 1990s. Academy Award®-winning producer Brian Grazer (A Beautiful Mind, 8 Mile, American Gangster) will team with Hasbro to bring Stretch Armstrong to life. Steve Oedekerk (Bruce Almighty) has written the screenplay, and Hasbro's Goldner and Schneir also produce.
ComingSoon.net, February 5

Edited by Peter T Chattaway, 30 January 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#2 NBooth

NBooth

Magpie of Ideas

• 2,996 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:40 AM

Sign of the times, I guess. I can easily imagine that, if the movie were made fifteen or twenty years ago, it would star someone like Hulk Hogan. Now it stars...that guy from Twilight?

Oh, and it's based on a toy. Double-lame.

Edited by NBooth, 06 February 2010 - 09:41 AM.

#3 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 30,188 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

'Stretch Armstrong' Lives -- but Where's Taylor Lautner?
"Stretch Armstrong" lives, but without Taylor Lautner.
The big-screen adaptation of the flexible, stretchable toy will finally make its way to the big screen thanks to a new partnership between Hasbro and Relativity Media.
However, the "Twilight" star will no longer be headlining the project due to scheduling conflicts, an individual with knowledge of the project confirmed to TheWrap.
A new cast will be announced shortly.
Lautner has stumbled in launching a post-"Twilight" career -- the teen pin-up's recent bid for stardom, last fall's "Abduction," disappointed at the box office, grossing grossed $82 million worldwide on a $35 million budget. . . .
TheWrap.com, January 30

#4 Tyler

Tyler

(Credit Only)

• 6,378 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Script to be written by Dean Georgaris (The Manchurian Candidate, one of the Tomb Raider movies).

will be developed as more of a plausible, action-oriented family pic than a live-action cartoon that'd be strictly for kids.

Has the definition of "plausible" been changed recently?

Edited by Tyler, 24 April 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#5 Darryl A. Armstrong

Darryl A. Armstrong

Father. Advertiser. Writer. Thinker. Pop philosopher.

• 1,504 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

I really don't want to see this movie happen. I can't imagine the jokes I'll have to endure.

#6 mrmando

mrmando

Lassie, the Barbarian Musical Thinker

• 3,636 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

As long as he's wounded at some point, and a big glob of purple gel falls onto the lime green shag carpet, I'll be happy.

#7 Scott Derrickson

Scott Derrickson

Wayfaring Chestertonian Genre Slut

• 370 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

This one is next: https://twitter.com/#!/scottderrickson/status/194969631155433472/photo/1

Edited by Scott Derrickson, 26 April 2012 - 01:57 AM.

#8 SDG

SDG

Catholic deflector shield

• 9,124 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

This one is next: https://twitter.com/...5433472/photo/1

That is SO AWESOME.

#9 Thom Wade

Thom Wade

Happy Go Lucky Meat Machine

• 2,949 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

You will think that is awesome until you find out it is real. ;)

#10 SDG

SDG

Catholic deflector shield

• 9,124 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

You will think that is awesome until you find out it is real. Posted Image

Yes. In general, we may say that movie propositions can be assigned an absolute value on the awesomeness-suckitude spectrum, with the sign, i.e., positivity/awesomeness or negativity/suckitude, correlating in some order with unreality or reality. The higher the absolute value, the more crucial the correlation becomes.

Posted Image

Edited by SDG, 26 April 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#11 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 30,188 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

Breck Eisner in Talks to Direct 'Stretch Armstrong' (Exclusive)
The Habsro toy property has been quietly in development at Relativity, which picked up its rights from Universal. . . .
Eisner is best known for directing The Crazies, Overture’s remake of a George A. Romero horror movie, and the adventure movie Sahara. . . .
Hollywood Reporter, July 10

#12 M. Leary

M. Leary

• 5,528 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Can we just close this thread. Forever.

#13 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

Riding the crest of a wave breaking just west of Hollywood

• 5,544 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Posted Image

#14 M. Leary

M. Leary

• 5,528 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

That was good.

#15 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 30,188 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Relativity Abandons 'Stretch Armstrong' Movie
The long-gestating Stretch Armstrong film project has hit another major roadblock, with Relativity Media ending its involvement.
Relativity and partner Hasbro have quietly taken Stretch Armstrong off the release calendar. Based on the classic Hasbro toy, the movie was to have opened April 11, although it never went into production. . . .
Hollywood Reporter, October 12

#16 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 30,188 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

An animatic shows what this film could have been: