• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

Hello ArtsandFaith,

We finally got the new chat module working as of today. Even though it's very late notice, we want to invite everyone to watch the Oscars with us tomorrow night.

Everyone's welcome and I'll be your friendly moderator, opening the room at approximately 5:00 PST--just click on the "Chat" tab in the header.

If you know anyone else outside of A&F who'd like to join, tell them to register and I'll make sure they have member status by tomorrow.

PM me if you have any questions! I hope to see everyone there!

#2 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,615 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:28 PM

Thanks -- will there be a record of the chat, or will it vanish into the ether once we're done?

#3 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

Thanks -- will there be a record of the chat, or will it vanish into the ether once we're done?

Great question - I will save it if I can.

#4 Christian

Christian

• 10,817 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

For the second year in a row, I'll be at an Oscars party during the telecast. This after years of watching the telecast basically by myself. I posted on A&F a few years ago during the telecast, but can't remember if that was a chat event, or just some of us posting on the regular board during the show.

#5 LibrarianDeb

LibrarianDeb

• 232 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:58 AM

We had between 8-10 A&Fers most of the night and had a good time discussing the goings-on, sorry more of you didn't make it.

#6 Buckeye Jones

Buckeye Jones

Killer of threads

• 1,723 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:12 AM

Yeah--thanks to Anna J, it seemed like it was a lot of fun. I was able to drop in for a few min, but since my TV and my computer (no laptop, no WIFI, I'm apparently a troglodyte) are in separate rooms, I was a useless conversationalist. But I did think that short documentary thing was hilarious. As was Sam Jackson's reaction shot to Monique's win.

#7 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

Great chat, everyone! Thank you to everyone who showed up. The transcription will be available soon.

Also, we'd like to host more chats in the future--maybe even with people more well-known to the IMAGE/A&F community than Greg and myself (I know, that's hard to imagine). Stay tuned!

#8 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,615 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Link to our first and second threads on the Oscars 2011 chat.

So... just wondering, will we have a chat this Sunday?

#9 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

YES!! We just worked it out. Our intern Lauren will be hosting it. Same place, beginning at 3:30PST (show begins at 4pm). Anyone keen to have it open earlier, for red carpet snark?

#10 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,615 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:44 AM

Anna J wrote:
: Same place, beginning at 3:30PST (show begins at 4pm). Anyone keen to have it open earlier, for red carpet snark?

Whoa, that's early. My boy finishes his soccer lesson at 3pm, and I'll be semi-lucky if I can drop him off at home and then get to my parents' place by 4pm. (My parents have cable TV, or something like it, and I don't.) I'll definitely try to make it, though.

#11 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 17,197 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

I just can't muster any desire to watch this year's show. Seeing what's most likely to win, I think that watching it would be like volunteering to get kicked repeatedly in the gut. (Heck, seeing the nominations made me feel that way.)

Plus, if I can find any free time today at all, I need to spend it writing blurbs for Anna J.

#12 Anders

Anders

Globe-trotting special agent

• 2,934 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

Since I won't be having an Oscar party this year, but I will be in a country where I can watch them (unlike in 2009 and 2010), I will try to pop-in and chat for while. Could be fun. I've got some school related work to plow through in the meantime.

#13 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

Riding the crest of a wave breaking just west of Hollywood

• 5,462 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

I've got a small group of people over for the Oscars, so I won't be able to join the chat here. Alas.

#14 Tyler

Tyler

Hello, other adults!

• 6,199 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Is this the NBA All-Star Game chat?

#15 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

**UPDATE: Due to technical issues, the chat will be taking place at a temporary chatroom at Chatzy - see Lauren's post below.

#16 Lauren Wilford

Lauren Wilford

Working on my backwards walk.

• 90 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hey A&F'ers-- if you're interested in chatting during the show, unfortunately, you can't do it here this year-- something about our boards needing updating.

BUT, we have a solution. You can join the chat at this link.

Once you get there, you'll need to enter a username, and then pick a color you'd like your name to appear as. Then, once you click "Enter Room," it will take you to a room where you can post messages. But what you really want is to be a part of the chat-- so click "Join Chat" at the bottom of that room! Then you're there.

I, your intern, will be available for any technical problems/questions, so just PM me if you have those.

Edited by Lauren Wilford, 26 February 2012 - 06:37 PM.