Photo

Call for Submissions: TOJ

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Allison Backous

Allison Backous

• 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:34 PM

I am the creative writing editor for The Other Journal, an online quarterly publication that promotes vibrant discourse at the intersections of theology and culture. We aim to create space for Christian interdisciplinary reflection, exploration, and expression. Attempting to remain a notch or two more popular than the typical scholarly journal and a notch or two more scholarly than the typical popular magazine, our goal is to provide our readers with provocative, challenging and insightful Christian commentary on current social issues, political events, cultural trends, and pop phenomena. Each issue of The Other Journal is organized around a particular theme, and includes sections dedicated to:

• Examination :: articles, essays, and interviews
  • Imagination :: creative nonfiction, personal essays, short stories, and poetry
  • Creation :: art exhibits
  • Perspective :: personal essays that center on an experience of literature, film, or music
  • Praxis :: practical applications of theological themes
We are currently accepting submissions in prose (fiction and nonfiction) and poetry for our upcoming issues on Celebrity and Food:

http://www.theotherj.../news.php?id=48

Please see our submissions guidelines here:
http://www.theotherj...age=submissions

And feel free to email me directly if you have questions/interest:
allison@theotherjournal.com

#2 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

I just want to put in a plug here - Allison is a good friend of ours and a graduate of the SPU MFA program, which is directed by Greg.

The Other Journal has grown out of Mars Hill Graduate School in Seattle (not to be confused with Mars Hill Church down the street), where IMAGE will be hosting the Levertov Award in May. It's a wonderful journal, featuring interviews with and work by several of the authors you'll find in the pages of IMAGE. So take a look!