• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

Hello friends,

You all probably saw that A&F was inaccessible for several hours twice this weekend. We had an unexpected bandwidth problem, and as luck would have it, it happened just as we all left town for the MFA residency, and the Invision helpdesk was pretty much closed until this morning.

All the issues have been resolved now and I trust it won't happen again. But IF it does, please email me or Greg to let us know.

Happy Monday!

#2 David Smedberg

David Smedberg

Ha! Mush.

• 1,117 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

I didn't run into this problem myself, but thank you for keeping us up! Posted Image

#3 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,806 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

FWIW, it seems to me that there's been a change -- a minor one, but a change nonetheless -- since the 509 thing happened over the weekend. In the tab at the top of my browser, there used to be a tiny symbol for this website (something blue, so probably a carry-over from the pre-Image, pre-burgundy days), but now that symbol is gone and there's just a tiny picture of a blank page.

Sorry I don't know all the right technical lingo for these things, but do you know what I mean?

#4 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:08 PM

FWIW, it seems to me that there's been a change -- a minor one, but a change nonetheless -- since the 509 thing happened over the weekend. In the tab at the top of my browser, there used to be a tiny symbol for this website (something blue, so probably a carry-over from the pre-Image, pre-burgundy days), but now that symbol is gone and there's just a tiny picture of a blank page.

Sorry I don't know all the right technical lingo for these things, but do you know what I mean?

Yeah, I think I do. You mean in the header bar, where it says "Replying to," yes?

I'm using Chrome and it still shows the blue V on the browser tab for Invision Power Board. Firefox does too, and it's next to the address bar as well. And when I click on it, it says "This website does not supply identity information. Your connection is not encrypted."

? Not sure.

#5 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,806 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

Anna J wrote:
: I'm using Chrome and it still shows the blue V on the browser tab for Invision Power Board. Firefox does too . . .

Huh. I'm using Firefox and I don't see the blue V any more. I still see the little symbols for all the other tabs that I have open, though.

#6 opus

opus

Supernatural Blood Sprinkling Victory Package

• Administrator
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

I think Peter's referring to the site's favicon. FWIW, I looked at the site in both Safari and Firefox (on a Mac), and the favicon displays just fine for me.