Photo

Forum hiccups?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CherylR

CherylR

• 158 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

I just received 3 emails, dated 10/24/07, thanking me for registering and how I can complete the last step. :)

Either the forums are having hiccups or I've been sucked into a time portal, transporting me backward in time. Which means instead of graduating next month, I haven't even started back to school yet. :shock:

Anyone else getting weird email or is it just me? :blink:

#2 Tyler

Tyler

I right the outlaw wrongs on Mars.

• 6,153 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

If there's a link in the email, I wouldn't click on it. I've gotten emails before (not from A&F, though) that are set up to look like they came from people I know, but are actually some kind of piggyback spam/virus thing. Sounds like this might be similar to what you got.

#3 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

Cheryl,

I was wondering if this would happen. Good thing you just got three. I got something like two hundred!!

They're from the old forum that was hosted at ImageJournal.org before we took over artsandfaith.com. It's puzzling to us because we closed that board a year ago and just left it viewable for archive purposes.

We don't know why this happened, but we're looking into it. As far as I know they're not spam, but you DON'T have to click on any links or do anything, since your A&F registration is not linked to the old forum.

If anyone else gets emails, will you let me know?

Thanks.

#4 Jason Panella

Jason Panella

"I like the quiet."

• 3,682 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

Don't know if it's a problem on my end or not, but A&F has only been loading infrequently for me the past few days. Most of the time my browser just tells me the page doesn't exist. Harrumph.

#5 metalfoot

metalfoot

• 120 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

Jason: I've also been getting occasional site issues.