Star Wars comedy series

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 17,056 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

We've been laughing at Star Wars for a while now.

Now Lucasfilm is taking steps to make it look like we're supposed to be laughing at Star Wars.

#2 SDG

SDG

Catholic deflector shield

• 8,937 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

We've been laughing at Star Wars for a while now.

Now Lucasfilm is taking steps to make it look like we're supposed to be laughing at Star Wars.

But then, after that, Lucas is going to get back to the serious art films that have always been where his heart is at.

(rimshot)

#3 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,323 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

Oh, great. Lucas is going to attempt INTENTIONAL humour again. I bet C3PO will be "beside himself" when he gets the news.

Oh, and: Quasi-ahem. Or, alternatively: Links to the threads on Episode I, Episode II, Episode III, Episode IV, Episode V and the 2004 and 2006 editions of Episodes IV, V and VI on DVD, as well as The Clone Wars and the various rumoured TV series.

See also the threads on 'Star Wars Debate Redux' (which began as a place to bash Episode II; Jul 8 - Nov 11, 2003), 'Sci fi = spiritual? Star Wars, X2, etc.' (Apr 12-14, 2004), 'Best Star Wars Movie? (with poll; Apr 18-20, 2004), Top 100 Discussion: The Star Wars original trilogy?' (May 6-7, 2004), 'Is Star Wars Blasphemous?' (Jun 15 - Jul 25, 2005), 'Star Wars in 20 minutes' (Aug 8-9, 2006) and 'Star Wars: Uncut' (Apr 2010).

Edited by Peter T Chattaway, 01 May 2010 - 11:37 AM.

#4 N.K. Carter

N.K. Carter

• 128 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

Well, this seems prescient now.

#5 Tyler

Tyler

I right the outlaw wrongs on Mars.

• 6,065 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

"Oh my God, they killed Jar Jar! You bastards!"

#6 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,323 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:10 AM

EXCLUSIVE: 'Star Wars' Comedy Series To Be CG, Won't Be Set After 'Return Of The Jedi'
Okay, there were a few facts that [Seth Green] would reveal. "It's gonna be CG animation, it's gonna be really funny and it's gonna be 'Star Wars' in a way you've never seen it," he said. "There are some recognizable characters but it's a huge universe, so we're really going where all the comedy is."
MTV Movies Blog, June 7

#7 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 17,056 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

It's called Star Wars: Detours, and now George is talking about it too.

Time will tell if it's "the funniest thing since Lucille Ball."

The video may contain spoilers, but I don't have the patience to listen to George prattle on and find out: so there's my disclaimer in case a cop pulls me over.

Edited by Overstreet, 16 June 2011 - 12:28 PM.

#8 NBooth

NBooth

Magpie of Ideas

• 2,723 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yRNXFhboBI&feature=player_embedded

I'll admit, I laughed at a couple of places, but the funny stuff is basically variations on Robot Chicken Star Wars. In fact...it's pretty much Robot Chicken Star Wars.

...which we already have. It's called Robot Chicken Star Wars (mildly rude humor--so maybe not sfw?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F1d3QWsyk0

There's three Robot Chicken Star Wars DVDs, and they're funny. But, going by the stuff in the Detours clip, it looks like that vein has pretty much been mined out.

Edited by NBooth, 24 August 2012 - 04:45 PM.