Photo

"View New Content" - doesn't work as I expect it to...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CrimsonLine

CrimsonLine

Man of Yesterday

• 1,994 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:28 PM

When I click on "View New Content," I guess I'm expecting to see threads that were updated since my last visit, but I am not seeing that, for some reason. I see a few threads updated since my last visit, but not all of them, and not even all the threads updated since my last visit in the top group of forums. How is it supposed to work?

#2 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 30,171 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:00 PM

I've never been able to figure out how "View New Content" chooses the cut-off point; sometimes I see four updated threads when I know there are more like ten, and on other occasions I see ten updated threads and another ten threads that haven't had any updates since I last read them.

But one thing I HAVE noticed is that if I click on "View New Content" after I've checked my private messages, it will tell me that it hasn't found anything, presumably because it is scanning the private messages and not the public fora.

Is it possible that you were clicking on "View New Content" while you were in private messages or something like that?

#3 CrimsonLine

CrimsonLine

Man of Yesterday

• 1,994 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

Nope. Nobody sends me private messages. :(

#4 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

Hi CrimsonLine - I'm not sure why this is happening, but I'll check it out. Thanks for letting us know!

#5 CrimsonLine

CrimsonLine

Man of Yesterday

• 1,994 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:18 AM

BUMP - any progress on this? I clicked on New Posts this morning, and it returned zero results. Then I went in forum by forum and read the posts since my last visit - in over a dozen threads!

#6 CrimsonLine

CrimsonLine

Man of Yesterday

• 1,994 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

BUMP! Still looking for a progress report. Anything?

#7 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

I'm sorry CrimsonLine, I can't figure it out. What browser are you using?

#8 CrimsonLine

CrimsonLine

Man of Yesterday

• 1,994 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

I am using Safari, the latest version, on the latest version of the Mac OSX.

#9 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

Did this View New Content issue happen in any other browser or browser version? It looks like you only started having the problem in April - when did you upgrade to the newest Safari?

You could try going to your user settings and changing the View New Content setting to see if it does anything different.

#10 CrimsonLine

CrimsonLine

Man of Yesterday

• 1,994 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

I've had the problem since A&F switched to being under Image, actually. I'll check my settings again.

#11 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

Hmm, that's weird. My second thought was that it might have happened when we upgraded to 3.0 in October. If that's so, then changing your settings would set you back to the previous version of Invision. I hope that works.