• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Andrew

Andrew

And a good day to you, sir!

• 2,156 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

Bruce Cockburn (of course)

Erik Poppe (Stef could be the interpreter :) )

#22 Persona

Persona

You said you'd wait... 'Til the end of the world.

• 7,460 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:09 PM

Erik Poppe (Stef could be the interpreter :) )

I don't speak Norwegian any more than the Swedish chef speaks Swedish!

#23 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

Wish I could pull off Ronald D. Moore but no leads there yet. Much less the writers and cast of BSG and Caprica.

Bruce Cockburn -- not yet, but I plan on trying to make contact with him. Some musical possibilities could include Over the Rhine (as previously mentioned), plus Sam Philips, Welcome Wagon, Kate Campbell, Pierce Pettis, Bill Mallonnee.

Maybe Sufjan Stevens and Joe Henry, though those would be long shots.

Maybe the creative band members behind The Fray and Mae.

Maybe Andy could help us with some musicians....

I guess it would be best to find our first couple chat guests from the ranks of those who are relatively well known across the A&F membership and who are Damned Fine Artists But Not Superstars.

Don't expect me to deliver Superstars. Bono, the rat, never responded to my letter. Maybe I'll have better luck when I write to Dylan or Springsteen or Scorsese....

#24 Persona

Persona

You said you'd wait... 'Til the end of the world.

• 7,460 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:28 PM

I thought of a person I'd really love to see in an A&F chat, someone who, given his location, IMAGE is probably already connected with -- but if not, should be -- Dan Allender.

Along the same lines, Donald Miller.

Edited by Persona, 14 May 2010 - 04:28 PM.

#25 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:42 AM

So thanks to one of our uber-interns -- Nate Rogers of Top 100 website fame -- we've located an excellent chat module that actually works inside a thread. It's pretty cool. (It's not the Chat link at the top, which we will disable.)

The software allows for moderation, meaning that questions can be released to the guest artist one at a time (and questions submitted in real time, as opposed to PM'ed beforehand, can be vetted).

In short, we can now have an orderly chat session that can be followed by all quite easily.

That should cover some of the concerns raised earlier in the thread.

We'd like to give it a try. Maybe people won't be interested, but maybe they will.

Any final thoughts before the IMAGE team selects an artist and announces a chat session?

#26 Darryl A. Armstrong

Darryl A. Armstrong

Father. Advertiser. Writer. Thinker. Pop philosopher.

• 1,504 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

So thanks to one of our uber-interns -- Nate Rogers of Top 100 website fame -- we've located an excellent chat module that actually works inside a thread. It's pretty cool. (It's not the Chat link at the top, which we will disable.)

Yay Nate!

#27 Andrew

Andrew

And a good day to you, sir!

• 2,156 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

Sounds exciting - I'm looking forward to it!

#28 Tyler

Tyler

Hello, other adults!

• 6,188 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:06 PM

Jamin Winans would be a cool guest for a chat.

#29 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

Well, Wim Wenders asked me to try him again in a few months, so now we need to pick someone else.

I'm thinking that a natural time to get someone to do a chat is when he/she has just published a book or released a CD or film. It's all about the PR....

Of course, it might take some time for the community to absorb something in order to have enough questions to ask.

Brett McCracken's book Hipster Christianity comes out next week. I wonder if y'all might like to pose some questions to him, maybe in late August or September....

Since this board is strongest in Film and Music, those are obvious zones to consider.

I don't want to overplay my hand -- IMAGE has a number of prominent friends in the arts but many are outside of our circle and even some in our circle will be shy about a chat, but I hope we'll come up with a good idea in the next month or two to test drive the whole thing.

Keep suggesting names!