Photo

Wrath of the Titans

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,785 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Link to our thread on the original remake of Clash of the Titans (2010).

- - -

Creative Lineup Shuffles Loom For 'Clash Of The Titans' And 'Journey To The Center of The Earth' Sequels
Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures are moving ahead with a sequel to Clash of the Titans, which the studio would like as early as spring, 2012. But they will make the journey without Louis Leterrier, who will not return for an encore as director. Sam Worthington will return, as well as most every other character that survived.
Mike Fleming, April 27

Edited by Peter T Chattaway, 09 November 2010 - 03:22 PM.

#2 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,785 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:21 AM

Hollywood girds for another Clash
EXCLUSIVE: "Clash of the Titans 2" is seemingly turning into a bigger priority by the day.
Producers, along with executives at Warner Bros. and producer Legendary Pictures, have been busily meeting with directors, with an eye to shooting the sequel as early as January.
A number of filmmakers are in contention for the job, but one name that's risen to the top of the list is Jonathan Liebesman. Originally a horror director -- he made "Darkness Falls" and the 2006 "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" prequel -- Liebesman has re-fashioned himself as an action director. The filmmaker has a movie called "Battle: Los Angeles" -- about an alien invasion in this fair city -- coming next year. He's also onboard for another classic action tale (or an action tale set in a classic period) at Warner Bros: a re-imagining of "Odysseus" with the producers of "300," which Liebesman helped conceive and then sold to the studio. . . .
Los Angeles Times, June 10

#3 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,785 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:47 AM

Neeson looks forward to Titans 2
Liam Neeson has promised the Clash Of The Titans sequel will have some action-packed scenes.
The Irish actor will reprise his role as Greek god Zeus in the eagerly anticipated follow-up, Wrath Of The Titans, and is excited about it.
"I've only read half of the script and there is still some work being done - they're on script 10 - but I think it's going to be some kick-a** stuff and a very human story to it," he said.
Liam, who was honoured with the Variety award at the Moet British Independent Film Awards in London, revealed filming is expected to kick off next spring.
"We will start next March. I'm very much looking forward to it. It's a whole revamping, you know," he added. . . .
Belfast Telegraph, December 7

#4 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,785 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:09 AM

Edgar Ramirez Going From Jackal To God Of War In 'Wrath Of The Titans'
EXCLUSIVE: Edgar Ramirez has been offered the role of Ares, the God of War, in the sequel Wrath of the Titans, which Jonathan Liebesman will direct for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. I'm told he's on the verge of making a deal to star opposite Sam Worthington. . . .
Mike Fleming, Deadline.com, January 6

- - -

FWIW, Ares was played in the earlier film by Tamer Hassan, though I doubt he had all that much screen time.

#5 MrZoom

MrZoom

• 114 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:15 AM

They're actually calling the sequel Wrath of the Titans?

I finally got around to watching the new version of Clash of the Titans this evening - found it entertaining, though the actions scenes often times seemed overdone, especially the ending battle. So I went to instantwatcher.com to see if the original Clash was still available on Netflix streaming, as it was at one point last year. It was not, but there was a 53 minute film called Wrath of the Titans, supposedly an "animated" sequel to Clash (whether the original or the remake, I am not sure; the release date is listed as 2010.) From the user reviews (which almost uniformly pan Wrath) it sounds like it is essentially a "motion comic" rather than a true animated film.

Link to the 53-minute Wrath of the Titans on Netflix: http://www.netflix.c...Titans/70140893 (ONLY available streaming, not on DVD)

Edited by MrZoom, 08 January 2011 - 12:16 AM.

#6 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,785 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

The original 1980s film was driven, in part, by the affair between Perseus and Andromeda. But Andromeda was so unimportant to last year's remake that they are now re-casting the character ... with Rosamund Pike.

I like Pike a lot, especially after seeing her in Barney's Version, and I'm hoping the fact that she's playing Andromeda now means the character will be more significant to the story this time around. But... well, it's always kind of annoying when characters get re-cast like this.

#7 Jason Panella

Jason Panella

"I like the quiet."

• 3,706 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

They're actually calling the sequel Wrath of the Titans?

Sadly. I was really hoping for Splash of the Titans.

#8 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,785 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:21 AM

A month ago, they said they were going to start shooting this film on March 6, but the press release announcing the start of production didn't come out until last night:

A decade after his heroic defeat of the monstrous Kraken, Perseus—the demigod son of Zeus—is attempting to live a quieter life as a village fisherman and the sole parent to his 10-year old son, Helius.

Meanwhile, a struggle for supremacy rages between the gods and the Titans. Dangerously weakened by humanity's lack of devotion, the gods are losing control of the imprisoned Titans and their ferocious leader, Kronos, father of the long-ruling brothers Zeus, Hades and Poseidon. The triumvirate had overthrown their powerful father long ago, leaving him to rot in the gloomy abyss of Tartarus, a dungeon that lies deep within the cavernous underworld.

Perseus cannot ignore his true calling when Hades, along with Zeus' godly son, Ares (Edgar Ramírez), switch loyalty and make a deal with Kronos to capture Zeus. The Titans' strength grows stronger as Zeus' remaining godly powers are siphoned, and hell is unleashed on earth.

Enlisting the help of the warrior Queen Andromeda (Rosamund Pike), Poseidon's demigod son, Argenor (Toby Kebbell), and fallen god Hephaestus (Bill Nighy), Perseus bravely embarks on a treacherous quest into the underworld to rescue Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind.

#9 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,785 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

Sam Worthington says the first film was a "video game" but they're going to make the new film more "weighty".

#10 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,785 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:12 AM

#11 Jason Panella

Jason Panella

"I like the quiet."

• 3,706 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:29 AM

I know Peter has been talking about this forever, but I think this trailer finally made the orange and teal thing finally click. Gah.

#12 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,785 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

#13 Attica

Attica

Celtic Creation Mystic, Film Buff- -oon

• 1,934 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Saw this tonight. There were a couple of plot points that were a little clunky but overall I had fun with it. Some of the creatures and ensuing battles were actually kind of awesome.

and I'm hoping the fact that she's playing Andromeda now means the character will be more significant to the story this time around.

Andromeda is fairly significant in this version. She's probably in 1/2 to 3/4 's of the film.

Edited by Attica, 09 April 2012 - 10:19 PM.