Photo

Wrestling for Jesus Trailer

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 NClarke

NClarke

• 157 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:07 PM

Things are moving along in the development of the Wrestling For Jesus documentary project.
I've just finished the trailer (as I head out for vacation.) Check it out and feel free to offer feedback, critique or perhaps encouragement

#2 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,795 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:28 AM

Links to our first and second threads on this film. (Should we merge them, perhaps?)

#3 Thom

Thom

nothing, nobody, nowhere

• 1,867 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

Nate - the trailer really draws some interest, tension, and conflict (Look forward to seeing the transformation (wink)).

Did you go back and do follow-up interviews and footage? It seems like you have some new footage.

#4 NClarke

NClarke

• 157 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

Peter - sorry for adding to messiness to the board

Thom - we did indeed go back after the proverbial crap hit the fan.

#5 NClarke

NClarke

• 157 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

In anticipation of the completion of the film (just color correction and audio mixing to be done) and a hopeful run in film festivals, I've put together a new trailer.
The goal was to be a little more concise (under 2:00), to be more clear about the conflict, and to incorporate the soundtrack (produced by Charlie Peacock) and the graphic look.

Here's the trailer

(As Peter mentioned, there are too many threads on this film - my apologies. I plan to just use this one so I don't know if it's possible to rename it just to "Wrestling for Jesus")

#6 Follow My Film

Follow My Film

• 17 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

Hi, Nate. Great trailer! And excellent blog. As you may know, I've been doing the same with my film, Girlfriend 19, i.e., tracking the progress via blog.

I'm very excited to watch your film when I get the chance. I subscribed to your blog via email too.

As a fellow WordPress user, I've got some ideas for you that I think you may like.

Basically, since you're trailer is done and is so AWESOME!!!, I would create a home PAGE with a brief intro and the trailer. Then I would create a "Blog" page where your blog feeds are posted. So people going to your site will see the trailer on a clean page and the "Blog" page will be a menu item they can click through to, in addition to your About page.

Just an idea. And I love your choice of Template, BTW - great pick. You really are doing a great job! As a filmmaker doing most everything myself, I fully appreciate your efforts.

Please let me know if you have any questions: followmyfilm@gmail.com

-Christopher

#7 NClarke

NClarke

• 157 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

Christopher,

THANKS!
I have been wondering about how to do exactly what you proposed here. In fact I used the current setup as an excuse not to blog as much (I didn't want to loose the top story)
I've set it up now like you've suggested.
Once again, many many thanks
Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

nate

#8 Follow My Film

Follow My Film

• 17 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

Nice, Nate! Glad I was helpful.

A couple other options you might have are these:

- Eliminate "Home" as the title on your Home page and leave it blank, so the word "Home" does not appear on your front page. This is simply a stylistic choice for a cleaner looking front page.

- Also, though I'm not sure your template allows this, while editing your "Home" page, look for the "Page Attributes" box and choose Template > Full width. This will eliminate the sidebar on your new Home/Front page. But, again, I'm not sure your template will allow this.

- Finally, since clicking on your header image directs the site to the front page, it's not necessary to have a "Home" link in your menu, which you can change in your Menu Settings. Again, this is simply a stylistic choice.

- Actually, one last thing. I highly recommend a "Contact Page" or form somewhere on your site. Here's the support link. As you can see on my site, I've got the contact form at the bottom of each page in the widgets area. However, you can create a "Contact" page and add that page in your menu!

Peace,
cB

#9 NClarke

NClarke

• 157 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

Thanks again Christopher. I've made some of the changes - as many as my "I need to get sleep" brain will let me.

#10 Follow My Film

Follow My Film

• 17 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

For sure - anytime. Blessings to you and your film!!!
cB

#11 Follow My Film

Follow My Film

• 17 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

Nate, I just visited your SITE and the cleaner homepage looks fantastic! There is no other choice but to watch the trailer, and that's what you want! Great work!

BTW, not sure if you know, but you can increase the player size too! Did you know that? Look here. You can see how large I made the Vimeo players for my films on my blog HERE.

It looks like for your template you can go as wide as 800 pixels or something....

cB

#12 NClarke

NClarke

• 157 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:11 PM

It looks like Wrestling For Jesus is going to premier this Spring at the Wisconsin Film Festival so if any of you upper mid-westerners want to make a road trip, I'd love to have you around. Not sure of the actual screening date yet.
I figure if a festival on the campus of one of the better state schools accepts the film, that's at least a step in right direction (although the fact that I'm from Madison might have something to do with it :) ).

#13 Follow My Film

Follow My Film

• 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

It looks like Wrestling For Jesus is going to premier this Spring at the Wisconsin Film Festival so if any of you upper mid-westerners want to make a road trip, I'd love to have you around. Not sure of the actual screening date yet.
I figure if a festival on the campus of one of the better state schools accepts the film, that's at least a step in right direction (although the fact that I'm from Madison might have something to do with it :) ).

Congratulations! That's wonderful. Hope it comes to LA!

#14 Thom

Thom

nothing, nobody, nowhere

• 1,867 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:12 AM

When you get the date let us know. Will try to make the drive up if it works out. Congratulations.

#15 NClarke

NClarke

• 157 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

Will do Thom - it would be great to connect (finally)

#16 Thom

Thom

nothing, nobody, nowhere

• 1,867 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

Looking forward to it.

#17 NClarke

NClarke

• 157 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:52 PM

So it's official - Wrestling For Jesus will premiere on Saturday April 2nd at 5:45 at the Wisconsin Film Festival. We are following that up with a premiere party which include an art opening consisting of works inspired by the film (I'm rather curious to see what this motley crew of artists will create.) Anyone in the upper midwest (Chicago?) or who might be in the area is welcome to come to the party. There's some other fantastic films playing at the festival which would make the trip easily worthwhile.

I guess one question I have is that now that the film is being released should the conversation move to another thread / forum - one not centered on filmmaking? I don't know if we've had this situation with other films. Any thoughts?

One other thing - I've posted a couple clips from the film on the film's website. An amuse bouche.

#18 Follow My Film

Follow My Film

• 17 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:08 PM

Fantastic. Congratulations. I love the art opening idea in conjunction with the film.

Once again, let me know when its in LA!!!

Christopher

#19 NClarke

NClarke

• 157 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

Christopher - any fests or screening locations you might recommend in LA area?

#20 Follow My Film

Follow My Film

• 17 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:12 PM

Christopher - any fests or screening locations you might recommend in LA area?

Gosh, I really don't know. Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with the festival scene out here. If you were interested in creating your own screening, there are a ton of places in LA that vary in size, style and price. Regarding festivals, I'm just not sure, especially with the strong religious nature of your film, though secular fests may really be into that - who knows?

It's ironic, but we really don't have really cool fests here in LA. The LA fest is the most reputable, which is in the summer.

Personally, I feel like your film could be embraced by large churches out here, who might want you to screen it as a special event for their congregation. But then again, that might be true at any large church in any town....

cB