Now that the Top 100 website is done, there’s only one part that could use some finishing touches.
On each page, as you know, there’s a link at the bottom directing visitors to an A&F thread about the particular film, in order to give them a sense of what our community is about, as well as discussion about that particular film.
In most instances there already was a thread about the films but in some cases, we’ve needed to stretch, though only a little.
For example, for a couple of Yasujiro Ozu’s films (including Early Summer, which pulled in at #9) we needed to link to general posts about him—which is helpful, but not focused on the individual films.
So the question is: does anyone want to start specific threads for these films?
Consider this simply an invitation. We’re not trying to force anything here. It’s just an issue that arose when we put the site together.
If you start or find a thread specific to any of the following films, message our intern, Nate, whose username is NathanielETRogers with the URL, and it will be on the site before you know it.
9. Early Summer
13. The Seventh Seal
16. The Mirror (We just have a general Tarkovsky post, and one about The Mirror’s DVD release)
17. The Apu Trilogy (either about one of the films or all three would work)
19. Floating Weeds
21. Tokyo Story – The general Ozu thread is mostly concerned with Tokyo Story, but a specific one wouldn’t hurt, if somebody’s up for it.
34. Close-Up (currently only in a thread on Iranian cinema)
35. Wild Strawberries
37. Playtime (we only have one about the dvd release)
38-39. Winter Light / Through a Glass Darkly (both are listed under the thread on Bergman’s faith trilogy, which is accurate, but once again, it wouldn’t hurt to have threads for each film)
41. Summer/The Green Ray: Currently just a general thread on Rohmer.
50. The Cyclist (currently just in the same Iranian thread as Close-Up)
53. My Life to Live (just a dvd release question)
57. The Wind Will Carry Us (Ditto with Cyclist/Close-Up)
61. Paris, Texas
64. Beau Trevail
69. Dersu Uzala
71. An Autumn Afternoon
76. Becket (currently only about the DVD release)
91. Au Revoir Les Enfants (currently a general Louis Malle thread)
94. In Praise of Love
97. M. Hulot’s Holiday
99. Breaking the Waves
Thanks for your help!
Threads for Individual Films
1 reply to this topic
Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:33 PM
Greg, is it necessarily a problem that some of the linked threads were originally about the DVD releases? I assume that at least some of those threads hark back to an earlier time in A&F history when we used to have separate 'Film' and 'DVD' fora, but those fora have long since been merged, and I would be quite happy to continue discussing the films in question in whatever threads already exist for them. I mean, we're probably going to be WATCHING these films on DVD in the first place, right?