Photo

Producing Series of Videos on Local Religious Culture

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 M. Leary

M. Leary

• 5,453 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

I am starting the process of applying for grants to produce a short series of videos in which I will visit local religious sites and talk about what their various features mean.

They will be about 5-10 minutes each tops, and I have seven sites identified.

What I am having problems with is identifying how much this would cost. Let's say I just had one camera guy with a mid-level camera. How much would rental cost? How much would should I plan to pay someone for editing? What hidden costs should I expect?

Any practical advice you can offer is helpful.

#2 Thom

Thom

nothing, nobody, nowhere

• 1,859 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

Mike this sounds like an incredibly interesting project. I hope we can follow along as you progress.

I think costs are going to run a wide spectrum so I might suggest that you first determine how you want the final product delivered (i.e., what format, which medium, SD or HD). These things will help create more context for price guides, specifically in relationship to camera rental and editing.

#3 NClarke

NClarke

• 157 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

Also - what city is this in? I have found that rates can be 150 to 200% higher in NY or LA as opposed to where I live - Madison

#4 M. Leary

M. Leary

• 5,453 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

This would be in St. Louis, which has a surprisingly rich religious diversity. There are a lot of AV resources at the church I currently attend, along with a few freelance camera operators. As per your advising in this thread, I am going to have to sit down and scratch out some figures.