Radiohead - The King of Limbs

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#201 Greg P

Greg P

Episcopi Vagantes

• 1,732 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

I think they're playing "Lotus Flower" in a lower key in that performance. Weird.

Both are in Dm. Thom was either nervous, winded or drunk. Possibly all three. His vocals are scary shaky throughout that tune and warmed up a little for "Staircase"

#202 Josh Hurst

Josh Hurst

Already broken for thee.

• 4,925 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

Pitchfork just tweeted this, from the Colbert taping:

Colbert to Radiohead: "What's your favorite Bob Seger song?"

#203 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 16,808 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

The Colbert setlist.

#204 bloop

bloop

• 183 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

http://www.colbertna...-2011-radiohead

#205 Josh Hurst

Josh Hurst

Already broken for thee.

• 4,925 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

Thom and Johnny are playing "Give Up the Ghost" on Jimmy Fallon tonight, it would seem.

#206 Overstreet

Overstreet

• 16,808 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

I had a good chat with David Dark this weekend about Radiohead. (I like what he said from the microphone: "I don't just like them. I believe in them.") And I was delighted to find someone who shares my feeling that this album just blooms and blooms. I really think they are improving as a band all the time, delving deeper into what interests them rather than trying to impress. OK Computer is my sentimental favorite, as it's one of those Musical Events that stands out in my life. But I do perceive them becoming progressively better in that they improve their skills, follow their muse faithfully, and deliver compelling music with increasing subtlety.

David said something that felt just right. I'll repeat it as well as I can remember it: "U2, as great as they are, will always be limited by their own insecurities and self-conscious desire to impress. Radiohead shows no self-consciousness. They just do the good work and we receive their witness."

For what it's worth.

#207 Overstreet

Overstreet

• 16,808 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

Out today: Tkol RMX 1234567

#208 morgan1098

morgan1098

• 938 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

Out today: Tkol RMX 1234567

Does anyone who has heard the remix album (or at least some of the 12" mixes) care to offer a review? Projects like this are always hit-or-miss, but I must admit I'm a sucker for some good remix action. I'm guessing TKOL-RMX isn't a "get yo ass on the dance floor," 160BPM-type remix album, though.

I have read the allmusic review, but I'm curious about the reaction of some of the fervent Radiohead fans here.

#209 bloop

bloop

• 183 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

I enjoy some of it well enough, but it's nowhere near essential listening.

More and more, even though I really like TKOL, I think the best thing Radiohead did this year isn't even available in stores. From the Basement and Colbert could use a DVD/Blu Ray set.

Edited by bloop, 11 October 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#210 Tyler

Tyler

I always dreamed we'd be back here.

• 5,695 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nizTa1Bwxuk&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded[/url]

This "lost" Radiohead song has been making the internet rounds. Turns out it's really by a Canadian baker.

#211 Overstreet

Overstreet

• 16,808 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

I ended up surrendering to the fact that there is no rock or pop album from 2011 that I'd rather listen to than The King of Limbs.

#212 bloop

bloop

• 183 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

Yeah, after seeing so many criminally underrating (or ignoring) the album, it was refreshing to see that. I even gave your #1 a listen for it.

I like @Discographies post over at twitter: "Radiohead: 1-7 'How could we ever grow weary of these timeless works of art?' 8 'Whatevs. We live-tweeted it three days ago. It's so over.'"

The internet age can be so stupid sometimes.

Edited by bloop, 05 January 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#213 bloop

bloop

• 183 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

btw, Mr. Overstreet, the link you included is the 2008 "From the Basement" performance (In Rainbows era), not the new one. Great list, though!

#214 Overstreet

Overstreet

• 16,808 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

Crap, I wish somebody'd told me earlier. Oh well. Still a great video.

#215 Andrew

Andrew

And a good day to you, sir!

• 2,075 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

These guys were profiled in this past Sunday's New York Times:

There's also a video of their rendition of 'Pyramid Song,' with some mind-blowing cello playing. Can't find their 'Weird Fishes/Arpeggi,' though.

#216 Tyler

Tyler

• 5,695 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

They played a new song in Chicago this weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EoF2FdAZ4U

There's also a rumor (sounds like more than that, really) that they're going to work with Jack White.

Edited by Tyler, 11 June 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#217 Anders

Anders

Globe-trotting special agent

• 2,849 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

There's also a rumor (sounds like more than that, really) that they're going to work with Jack White.

I'll be seeing them on Saturday in Toronto. We'll see if they'll play any other new songs.

#218 Tyler

Tyler

• 5,695 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

I'll be seeing them on Saturday in Toronto. We'll see if they'll play any other new songs.

Radiohead Toronto show canceled after fatal stage collapse

A concert by the British rock band Radiohead was canceled after the roof of an outdoor stage collapsed during sound checks and rehearsals before the show on Saturday, killing one person and injuring three others, police and fire officials said.

#219 Anders

Anders

Globe-trotting special agent

• 2,849 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

Radiohead Toronto show canceled after fatal stage collapse

A concert by the British rock band Radiohead was canceled after the roof of an outdoor stage collapsed during sound checks and rehearsals before the show on Saturday, killing one person and injuring three others, police and fire officials said.

Yes, this weekend was a definite tragedy in Toronto. We were all at a patio before heading to the subway up to Downsview when we heard the news. Very sad, and we're thinking of the family of the man who died.

We tried to make the best of the night that we could and ended up going to the free show that The Flaming Lips put on in Dundas Square last night. It was a good show and Wayne Coyne extended a welcome to the thousands of Radiohead fans who ended up making their way to the show. Coyne seemed genuinely choked up about the tragedy and they did a cover of "Knives Out" in tribute to the fallen member of the Radiohead "family."

#220 Overstreet

Overstreet

• 16,808 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Behold, the worst Radiohead tattoo that has ever existed.