• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gigi

gigi

ReMember

• 950 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

Anyone else excited about this?

I will, of course, be watching it with academic glasses on, commenting on the nature of national rituals and not her wedding dress. Of course.

#2 LibrarianDeb

LibrarianDeb

• 232 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:56 PM

Also very excited. I confess to have read a trashy book of Wills and Kate that came out a few months ago. I hope the best for them and am excited to see all the pagentry of that day.

#3 MattPage

MattPage

Bible Films Geek.

• 4,194 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

Grandson of the richest woman in the world gets married and we end up paying. Might get a good view from my new office though...

Matt

#4 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,648 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

MattPage wrote:
: Grandson of the richest woman in the world . . .

J.K. Rowling has a grandson? ;)

#5 gigi

gigi

ReMember

• 950 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

Might get a good view from my new office though...

Show off :P Think there's a lot to be said for watching it on the tele like most plebs, meself.

Would like to be in London that day. I was in town the day before Diana's funeral and it was an odd experience, so much of the city had converted into a space of mourning. It would be interesting to contrast that with the space of celebration that it will undoubtedly be for the Royal Wedding. I also like the feeling of tourism on my own country at these moments; at times of heightened nationalism and pageantry, the culture doesn't feel quite like it is mine, though I am guessing that is true for many white British folk too.