Photo

Hot Wheels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,294 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

Links to our threads and posts on Transformers (2007-2011), G.I. Joe (2009-2012) and Battleship (2012), as well as other toy- and game-based films in development such as Candy Land, Clue, Erector Sets, Magic 8 Ball, Major Matt Mason, Monopoly, Ouija, Risk and Stretch Armstrong. To say nothing of the Mr Potato Heads, Barbies and other real-life toys that appear in the Toy Story movies.

- - -

Legendary driving for Hot Wheels pic
Interest in a Hot Wheels movie is revving up again, with Legendary Entertainment in early negotiations with Mattel to acquire film rights to the popular toy car line.
The deal would keep the project parked at Warner Bros., where Legendary is based.
No director or writers have yet been hired, but the potential pic is not targeted at the kids who buy Hot Wheels. Instead, the plan is to produce an edgier pic along the lines of Universal's box office success "Fast Five." . . .
Variety, June 16

#2 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,294 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

'Hot Wheels' Director Search Nearing Finish Line (Exclusive)
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Simon Crane, the veteran second-unit director who is coming off of World War Z, and Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, best known for directing 28 Weeks Later, are the front-runners for the high-octane gig.
Hollywood Reporter, July 10

- - -

Expect to see zombies, then, I guess...

#3 Tyler

Tyler

I right the outlaw wrongs on Mars.

• 6,053 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Simon Crane will direct.

Paul Attanasio (Donnie Brasco, Quiz Show, The Good German, The Sum of All Fears) is rewriting the script.

The story centers on a washed-up Illinois State Trooper who, after a dangerous military device falls into the hands of a criminal, fights the man his father once put behind bars.

Edited by Tyler, 18 October 2013 - 01:00 PM.