• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

Dear friends,

We'd like to invite you to join the IMAGE staff and other Arts & Faith members at this summer's Glen Workshops--and in thanks for your support and your contribution to IMAGE's community, we'd like to offer a special 10% registration discount to A&F regulars.

2012's theme is The Generations In Our Bones: Art and Tradition. Does belonging to the tradition of religious faith change the way we respond to our literary and artistic influences? Is it possible to balance strength with humility, to develop our own voices while still engaging deeply with the great traditions that have equipped and formed us?

Again this year we're offering two weeklong workshops: Glen East, June 10-17 at Mt Holyoke College in South Hadley, MA, and Glen West, July 29-August 5 at St John's College in Santa Fe, NM.

Two classes that might be of particular interest to A&F members are Playwriting with Arlene Hutton at Glen East (June 10-17), and Film Seminar with ArtsandFaith's own Scott Derrickson at Glen West (July 29 - August 5).

I know several A&F members have been coming to the Glen for years--LibrarianDeb, Overstreet of course, and others. And some just came for the first time after the A&F/IMAGE merger.

Please join us! We would love to meet you in person--you are an integral part of the IMAGE community and we'd love to introduce you to some of our other friends.

Plus there will be a dance party at the end ;)

#2 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 16,789 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Best. Week. of. the. YEAR.

#3 Anna J

Anna J

• Administrator
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Best. Week. of. the. YEAR.

I would have to say that's true for me as well, despite the sleep deprivation & the general crazytimes going on in my brain. It's GREAT!

#4 LibrarianDeb

LibrarianDeb

• 231 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

I still think getting Overstreet to dance at the Dance Party would be an awesome auction item. Posted Image

#5 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 16,789 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

Nice idea, Deb, but dedicating my final hours at the Glen to helping Warren Farha pack up the Eighth Day Books Road Show is one of my favorite events of the year. I don't get much time with Warren, and to work with him on that last night is a personal privilege and a joy. And I'm always emotional at the end of the Glen. I find that packing up the bookstore is a good way for me to "wrap up" another amazing week. (Actually, the noise from the dance party brings some good energy to the bookstore-packing marathon.)