• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Ratzlaff

Jeremy Ratzlaff

sceptical idealist?

• 98 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:10 AM

It's a pity to see this sub-forum without any recent activity. :(

Well, for anyone who still checks these topics, here's a short film I created recently, entitled "Not Forsaken". It's really the first kind of artistic, subtle piece of work I've ever attempted, and as you might notice it's influenced by The Tree of Life's style. Obviously, being constructed with artistic motivations, it's weird not being able to properly evaluate something that's intended for subjective viewing experience, so any honest feedback is appreciated!

Link:

It's inspired by a passage I read in Song of Songs, namely 3:1-4. Go ahead and read it for yourself in order to get the background picture.

Edited by Jeremy Ratzlaff, 26 February 2012 - 03:12 AM.

#2 Follow My Film

Follow My Film

• 17 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Thank you for sharing, Jeremy. Very good work! I sure hope you continue to produce such work and refine your style. Something within you has connected with Malick's style, so you can take it and slowly make it your own through lots of work.

#3 Jeremy Ratzlaff

Jeremy Ratzlaff

sceptical idealist?

• 98 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thank you for sharing, Jeremy. Very good work! I sure hope you continue to produce such work and refine your style. Something within you has connected with Malick's style, so you can take it and slowly make it your own through lots of work.

I really appreciate your encouragement! Interestingly enough, I wasn't even aware of how heavily influenced my creative thought process had been influenced by Malick until I had watched the finished product a few times for myself. :P In the future, I'll pay closer attention to the originality of style and work at refining my own, as you mentioned.

It's been interesting getting people's different opinions, actually. For some, it was overly vague and disconnected, for others it was a little too cliche and should have been more subtle. It's difficult trying to determine what exactly should be adjusted for the future.

#4 Follow My Film

Follow My Film

• 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

Sounds good, Jeremy. The best thing you can do is to stay engaged in the creative process and continually WORK!!! Other people's opinions are relative to who they are and how good they are at giving opinions.

In the meantime, check out this video; it's amazing: http://designtaxi.co...tic-Typography/