Rear Window

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Attica

Attica

Celtic Creation Mystic, Film Buff- -oon

• 1,966 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

I can hardly believe that there isn't a thread for Rear Window, at least that I could find.

Anyhow. This is kind of cool.

Rear Window’ time-lapse panorama

Edited by Attica, 06 April 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#2 Andrew

Andrew

And a good day to you, sir!

• 2,209 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hard to believe, too, that there isn't a thread. Thanks for posting that link, Attica - it really shows how masterful Hitch was in his storytelling continuity.

#3 Attica

Attica

Celtic Creation Mystic, Film Buff- -oon

• 1,966 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hard to believe, too, that there isn't a thread. Thanks for posting that link, Attica - it really shows how masterful Hitch was in his storytelling continuity.

Yeah. It's pretty impressive. Not just with Hitch but also with the guy who put it together.

#4 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 30,016 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Ahem.

#5 Christian

Christian

• 10,965 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Weird. I was just thinking about how there hadn't been an "Ahem" on this board since ... since ... well, since about the time Orthodox Lent started. :)

#6 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

Riding the crest of a wave breaking just west of Hollywood

• 5,525 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Welles did not like REAR WINDOW:

"I've never understood the cult of Hitchcock. Particularly the late American movies … Egotism and laziness. And they're all lit like television shows … I saw one of the worst movies I've ever seen the other night [Rear Window] … Complete insensitivity to what a story about voyeurism could be. I'll tell you what is astonishing. To discover that Jimmy Stewart can be a bad actor … Even Grace Kelly is better than Jimmy, who's overacting."

#7 John Drew

John Drew

A vast sponge of movie minutiae... - Jason Bortz

• 3,658 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Have to admit, I thought this was going to lead to an article featuring Jeffrey, not Orson (should have looked closer at the spelling).

#8 Anders

Anders

Globe-trotting special agent

• 2,961 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Welles did not like REAR WINDOW:

"I've never understood the cult of Hitchcock. Particularly the late American movies … Egotism and laziness. And they're all lit like television shows … I saw one of the worst movies I've ever seen the other night [Rear Window] … Complete insensitivity to what a story about voyeurism could be. I'll tell you what is astonishing. To discover that Jimmy Stewart can be a bad actor … Even Grace Kelly is better than Jimmy, who's overacting."

One can't be right all the time.