Urgent prayer request

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 17,271 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

Friends, please pray for us -- especially for Anne.

About two hours ago, as Anne and I were at an intersection and got the green light to turn left, we pulled out into the intersection and a van ran a red light and struck our Corrolla directly, right into the driver's side.

Anne was driving. It's an amazing blessing that she's alive -- I heard her scream and watched the van hit her door like it was all in slow motion. She's hurt. They've just finished x-rays, and amazingly, nothing is broken. They pulled glass out of her hand and they're stitching it up.

Our car is totaled.

But please pray for Anne, as we're all concerned about her head, neck, and right hand. I'm sure both of us have a lot of juicy pain and swelling to look forward to.

I'll post an update later. Please do not call; our cell phone battery is low. Thank God we live next door to a fire station. (This happened right at the corner by our house.) In fact, the first fireman on the scene was a friend of mine. Lots of amazing blessings to report, considering.

#2 SDG

SDG

Catholic deflector shield

• 9,054 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Thank God you're both alive. Praying ever since you posted this on FB, Jeff. Keep us posted, of course, when you can.

Edited by SDG, 11 May 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#3 Thom

Thom

nothing, nobody, nowhere

• 1,867 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Jeffrey-
It is a blessing the injuries are minimal. Will keep you and Anne in prayer as the doctors finalize any tests and through the healing process.

#4 Overstreet

Overstreet

• 17,271 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

Well, by God's grace, the worst I have to report so far is that I won't see my beloved Toyota Corolla ever again. But that's only a little whimper of a gripe. Anne is going to be okay. She has thirteen stitches on her right hand, a black eye, a big bump on her head, and we're anticipating a lot of pain (and thus, a lot of painkillers) over the next several days.

Praise God for his incredible protection. The guy was going so fast toward the red light, and toward us, that I had time to notice something strange even while he was far away... time in the intersection to say "I don't think he's going to stop," and then to think "Wow, he's not even braking or slowing down" before the air filled with glass shards. I'm sore and anticipating whiplash, but I have yet to find even a scratch on me, which is amazing, since the framework of the car around me is all bent out of shape and there's glass around, over, and under the passenger seat, not to mention under the rugs in the back seat and glittering all over the dashboard.

You see so many moments like this in movies these days. I'm actually impressed at how accurate some of them are in capturing the experience.

The guy who hit us apparently has no insurance. And the information indicates it wasn't even his car that he was driving. So we're praying for him too. (He's fine, apparently.)

Financially, this will be difficult, and we may have lost our Glen Workshop along with our car today. But we're alive and making morbid jokes and saying a lot of prayers of gratitude. And now I'm going to order my favorite pizza.

Edited by Overstreet, 11 May 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#5 BethR

BethR

Getting medieval on media

• 2,857 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Just saw this. Thank God you're both still here. Sorry about all the trauma, though. Praying for physical and emotional healing.

#6 Crow

Crow

Alaskan Malamute

• 1,419 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

Wow, it's good to hear that you and Anne are alive. I can't imagine what it would be like to experience something like this. I will pray for continued healing and recovery for the both of you.

#7 Brian D

Brian D

• 177 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

I'm so grateful you guys are alive and well, considering what could have been. Praise God for that. Encouraged to see your grace extended to the driver of the van, as well.

#8 Christian

Christian

• 10,882 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

Yikes! I'm glad you guys are OK and that the damage wasn't worse.

#9 Overstreet

Overstreet

• 17,271 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Thank you all so much for your prayers. Every hour since the wreck, God's grace is more evident to us. We're both so grateful to be together and enjoying the sunshine on this beautiful morning. Our mothers might have had a very different Mother's Day. Thank God, they're able to relax and enjoy it instead.

I've just blogged the details so that I could tell the story one more time and then give it a rest. (People keep asking for details, and I need to reliving the memories for a while.) Time to try and get back to the day in front of me.

I'm grateful for all of you who offered prayers and sent notes to us. Thank you.

#10 Attica

Attica

Celtic Creation Mystic, Film Buff- -oon

• 1,935 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

I guess I'm a little late to see this thread. But I'll pray for your continued healing and comforting...... and also that your story will have impact on peoples hearts.