• Guests

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:52 AM

--content deleted--

#2 SZPT

SZPT

Interpersonal Augustinian Knight

• 1,232 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:05 PM

uh huh. Very funny leaving the link and caption off of the one that Jeffrey uses as his avatar. Will we ever know?

#3 DanBuck

DanBuck

Bigger. Badder. Balder.

• 2,419 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 07:28 PM

Check the properties of the image. I'll give you a hint. A really hard to find flick, that none of us can get our hands on.

Alan, this looks amazing. A lot of work here, but sooooo easy to navigate and get all the info I need.

#4 Persona

Persona

You said you'd wait... 'Til the end of the world.

• 7,463 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:08 PM

Alan -- wow. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for all the hard work. It looks fantastic,
i am going to link to it immediately.

-s.

Edited by stef, 26 June 2004 - 11:09 PM.

#5 Ron Reed

Ron Reed

Listmaster Extraordinaire

• 3,265 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:27 AM

Ooh, Alan! WOW! The film-strip of images along the right side of the page listing the Top 100 is AMAZING!! Nice work. Very nice work. It's fun to play "Name That Movie"! And I have to say, you've chosen particularly good shots from each. Kudos Maximus!

#6 Ron Reed

Ron Reed

Listmaster Extraordinaire

• 3,265 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Alan Thomas @ Jun 26 2004, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (SZPT @ Jun 26 2004, 04:04 PM)
uh huh.  Very funny leaving the link and caption off of the one that Jeffrey uses as his avatar.  Will we ever know?

You will if you browse the list...there are also other ways to find out.

Yes, there's a pattern to the pictures. Though it's a little quirky here and there, with WAKING LIFE preceding ON THE WATERFRONT, then Jeffrey's pic followed by WINGS OF DESIRE. Still, the pattern is there...

My favourite juxtaposition? The chess game right above the checkers game. Sweet.

Oh, and by the way, making all the images B&W is fabulous. Makes it more cohesive, but also adds tremendous power to some of the shots: I'm thinking especially of THE TRUMAN SHOW. Wow.

You know how they used to colorize B&W movies? I'm thinking there also ought to be an option to decolorize colour films! Might improve some of them. (I guess there's probably a button on my TV, right?) Anyhow, nice work, ATW. (And what's with the continual name changes, Big Al? Ongoing identity crisis? Trying to hide from the feds? 'sup?)

Edited by Ron, 27 June 2004 - 03:37 PM.

#7 Jason Bortz

Jason Bortz

Unafraid of Ghost Cows.

• 1,442 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 02:09 AM

Really, really nicely done. [Applause.]