• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Thom

Thom

nothing, nobody, nowhere

• 1,861 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:15 PM

Segway Transporter Extreme Sport

Look out all you skaters and bladers here comes the segway!!

Edited by asher, 13 July 2004 - 12:17 PM.

#2 sel

sel

• 26 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 09:51 PM

I'm still waiting for a movie to have a segway chase scene.

#3 run

run

• 390 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:11 PM

I'm gullible. Is this a joke? Those pics look photoshop-ed.

#4 Thom

Thom

nothing, nobody, nowhere

• 1,861 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (run @ Jul 20 2004, 03:10 PM)
I'm gullible. Is this a joke? Those pics look photoshop-ed.

I thought the same thing. I can't verify it but it sure struck me in a funny way and it wouldn't surprise me if they were trying these stunts.

#5 Rich Kennedy

Rich Kennedy

Striking a balance between the cerebral and six month old puppy

• 2,543 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 08:50 AM

I'm guessing that they are fake. Those things have no acceleration. No way can they get height let alone speed for a flip or something.

#6 TexasWill

TexasWill

Easy Black Russian Terror Suspect

• 639 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (run @ Jul 20 2004, 01:10 PM)
Those pics look photoshop-ed.

I agree completely...

The lighting on the Segways (sp?) doesn't match the rest of the photo... In fact, the lighting on the Segways is the same in every photo. (In the first photo it is obvious that the BMX bike has been removed from the image because the "sky" behind the Sedway does not match the sky behind the rider -- notice the lack of photo grain behind the Segway and how there is an abrupt change from smooth sky to grainy sky at the handlebars of the Segway.)

I use PhotoShop every day at work and I add and remove things from photos all the time. Whoever doctored these photos needs to learn how to use the "Healing Brush" tool to make their edits seamless. tongue.gif

Edited by TexasWill, 25 July 2004 - 01:24 PM.

#7 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,607 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:00 PM

This might warrant a new thread, over in a different forum (e.g. Science and Technology), but this was the only thread I could find on Segway, so ... (moderators, feel free to split/move this post, if that seems appropriate) ...

- - -

Segway recalls all scooters
Segway Inc. is recalling all 23,500 of the self-balancing scooters it has shipped to date because of a software glitch that can make its wheels unexpectedly reverse direction, causing riders to fall off -- and in at least one incident, break some teeth. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, with whom Segway is cooperating on the voluntary recall announced Thursday, said consumers should stop using the vehicles immediately.
Associated Press, September 14

#8 Tyler

Tyler

Hello, other adults!

• 6,195 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

Segway owner dies after his Segway went off a cliff.

BTW, some reports are calling the man who died, Jim Heselden, the inventor of the Segway, but he isn't. He bought the Segway company from inventor Dean Kamen last year.