Fantasy Baseball, Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#21 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

Detached Existential INFP Dreamer-Minstrel Redux

• 6,658 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:58 PM

Maximum IP (and max games played by position) are designed to simulate a season. I'll prbably set the games played at 162 and the IP at 1450 (which is just under 9x162). That IP number will still be more than a 4SP rotation and a couple RPs would pitch. I'll likely do 2 SP, 2 RP, and 3 P (where you can play either SP or RP).

#22 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,658 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:29 PM

I've set up the league. Come and play. Go to http://baseball.fant...ts.yahoo.com/b1 and when you create a team, join custom league -- info below.

League # 110001
Password: slurve

I'll change the status on draft late in March, so you have plenty of time to get ready for the draft.

There are some variations to what I listed above, so be sure to look at the settings.

#23 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,658 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:33 PM

A little bump -- 3 of us have joined the league so far. There's plenty of room. And more players makes it more of a challenge when your first round draft pick gets hurt and you have to find a replacement.

#24 Ann D.

Ann D.

Skylarking Maggie, the Musical Thinker

• 579 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

I completely and totally forgot. Unfortunately, things are heating up at work and home, and I don't have time. sad.gif sad.gif

I'm sorry. Maybe next year.

#25 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,658 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

Made it through my first draft last night (a live draft). I was only around for the first few rounds, so the team did get a bit lopsided later with too many infielders and catchers. Currently negotiating a trade to boost my SP staff, then I'll go dumpster diving (I mean to the waiver wire) to fill in OF postions

#26 Lance McLain

Lance McLain

• 137 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(Darrel Manson @ Feb 23 2007, 10:29 PM) View Post
I've set up the league. Come and play. Go to http://baseball.fant...ts.yahoo.com/b1 and when you create a team, join custom league -- info below.

I haven't done this in a while, but do you still have openings?

#27 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,658 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:58 PM

Still lots of space -- bring friends

#28 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,658 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:01 PM

Bump for another reminder -- lots of room for friends. If we still have this few going into time for the draft, I'll probably expand rosters with extra OFs, MI, CI to cut into the free agent pool.

#29 Lance McLain

Lance McLain

• 137 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(Darrel Manson @ Mar 17 2007, 04:01 PM) View Post
Bump for another reminder -- lots of room for friends. If we still have this few going into time for the draft, I'll probably expand rosters with extra OFs, MI, CI to cut into the free agent pool.

Have you thought about a draft date?

regards,
-Lance

#30 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,658 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:37 PM

With autodraft, when I figure all are in that want, I can switch the draft status to ready and it'll run within a couple days. I'll warn folks before I do it so they can make last minute adjustments to queues

#31 zalm

zalm

• 173 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 02:35 AM

I've never done a fantasy league before, but my friend roped me into one on ESPN, so as long as I'll be losing miserably over there, I might as well join in the fun here, too. So I'm in.

#32 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,658 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

Last Call! I'm planning on turning the switch to ready to draft on Monday night (which means it will draft in a day or so). If you want in, sign up and get your queue ready. If you have friends, feel free to invite them.

#33 zalm

zalm

• 173 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:39 AM

is tonight the night?

i had my first ever fantasy draft on saturday (live draft), and it was fun. i made some good moves and a few boneheaded mistakes. i'm eager to see who i end up with in this league.

#34 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,658 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:37 AM

It'll be when the site gets around to it. Shouldn't be too long.

#35 Lance McLain

Lance McLain

• 137 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:52 PM

Arghh...I can't wait to see the results of the draft! I also saw some more teams joined at the last minute. Hooray!

Any idea on how long it takes? Hours or Days? I did a help search and found nothing.

Let's play ball!

regards,
-Thoreau

#36 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,658 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE(Thoreau @ Mar 27 2007, 10:52 AM) View Post
Any idea on how long it takes? Hours or Days?

That's about right. I expect results by tomorrow afternoon. Could be up now for all I know. I haven't looked since this a.m.

#37 zalm

zalm

• 173 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(Darrel Manson @ Mar 27 2007, 03:36 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Thoreau @ Mar 27 2007, 10:52 AM) View Post
Any idea on how long it takes? Hours or Days?

That's about right. I expect results by tomorrow afternoon. Could be up now for all I know. I haven't looked since this a.m.

Still says: your auto draft will be completed between now and 11:59 PM PT on Saturday, Mar 31.

Nice and vague.

It appears that mrmando must be doubly anxious. wink.gif

#38 mrmando

mrmando

Lassie, the Barbarian Musical Thinker

• 3,636 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE(zalm @ Mar 27 2007, 07:30 PM) View Post

I'll delete one of those teams if it makes y'all feel better. I was trying to change the description of one of them, and ended up creating a new one instead, I guess. I can see where it might not be cool for one manager to have two different teams in a league. Darrel?

#39 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,658 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:19 PM

There are some issues with that, but they can be worked around. At present, I have blocked one of the teams (I think the Gray Geese) from making trades (I can switch which team is blockedif you want.) I can unlock that if you come up with a trade with another team (and would probably temporarity block your other team at the same time), but this way you can't pull players from one team and stock the other.

oh, by the way, if you haven't gotten email about it, the draft is done. I'll be doing quite a few changes after waivers clear.

#40 zalm

zalm

• 173 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(mrmando @ Mar 27 2007, 07:25 PM) View Post
QUOTE(zalm @ Mar 27 2007, 07:30 PM) View Post

I'll delete one of those teams if it makes y'all feel better. I was trying to change the description of one of them, and ended up creating a new one instead, I guess. I can see where it might not be cool for one manager to have two different teams in a league. Darrel?

this is just for fun and all, so it doesn't really matter to me.

well, as long as you don't start having too much fun with trades and waiver order. then i'll just be upset that i didn't think of it first.

if you really want to make me feel better about it, though, you'll trade matsuzaka to me. smile.gif

also, my bullpen is awesome. i mean, aside from armando benitez, which i believe is spanish for "how did he even end up being ranked on my list?"