Fantasy Baseball, Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#61 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

Detached Existential INFP Dreamer-Minstrel Redux

• 6,650 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:09 PM

Are all the Bosoxd fans too hungover tp post today? They are the new Yankees. Only difference is where they play,

#62 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,650 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:47 PM

It's that time again. Yahoo league # 47015, password Shoeless

Auto draft. I currently have it set up for head to head. That can be changed if we need to. You can look through the scoring as well and make suggestions. (I currently have an 11X11 category scoring system). Bring your friends. Last year there were 8 of us. I've got the max at 12, but if we get a crowd we can expand (I played in a league with 20 teams last year, major shortage of talent available on waiver wire, but it made things interesting.) Newbies welcome.

Edited by Darrel Manson, 09 February 2008 - 05:37 PM.

#63 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,650 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:09 PM

Bumping this to hunt for players. Like I said, newbies welcome. Bring friends. Let's load this league up. It's free.

#64 Lance McLain

Lance McLain

• 137 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Darrel Manson @ Feb 9 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's that time again. Yahoo league # 47015, password Shoeless

Just a minor correction. The password is "shoeless" all lower case. Found it out the hard way.

regards,
-Lance

#65 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,650 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:46 PM

my fault. I never use a cap in passwords. Come. Bring friends. Start getting your draft queue in order.

#66 zalm

zalm

• 173 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:51 AM

well, last year sucked me in something fierce, so i guess it was inevitable that i'd be back in.

i'll most likely be moving across the country in the middle of the season, so if i disappear for a few weeks, that's why. and if i lose miserably this year, that'll be a fairly handy excuse. smile.gif

thanks for setting things up again, commish. head-to-head looks like it should offer a different set of challenges.

#67 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,650 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Darrel Manson @ Apr 3 2007, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MLB.com has a game called Beat the Streak. Every day you pick a batter, if he gets a hit, you're streak is alive. If you break DiMaggio's 56 game streak, you win big stuff. they don't seem to a league option this year. Feel free to post decent streaks here. I've made high teens before, but usually my streaks look like binary; 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 then I'll get about 3 in a row.

go to the "fantasy" link and you should find it fairly easily

I just had my best ever streak end. After 24 games w/o missing (although some days with a player who didn't play which doesn't end a streak) I had Hideki Matsui today and he went 0 for 4. I had managed to get up to tied for #5 on the current streak list. Now I have to start over tomorrow.

#68 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,650 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

It's that time again. Everyone welcome - newbies, friends, whatever. Right now it's set up with last year's settings, but that can be changed.

league #93062
password: bulldurham

#69 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,650 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:42 PM

bounce. see previous post for info

#70 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,650 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

Update: since there are so few, we've made it a bit more interesting by making it AL only league, point scoring with lots of categories (as many as Yahoo will allow). Still time to get in. Debating a live draft, but one can't do live, so it'll probably stay auto

#71 Lance McLain

Lance McLain

• 137 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Darrel Manson @ Mar 26 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Update: since there are so few, we've made it a bit more interesting by making it AL only league, point scoring with lots of categories (as many as Yahoo will allow). Still time to get in. Debating a live draft, but one can't do live, so it'll probably stay auto

Is there still time to join?

#72 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,650 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Lance McLain @ Apr 3 2009, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Darrel Manson @ Mar 26 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there still time to join?
Sorry, no. We drafted earlier this week

#73 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,650 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:30 AM

OK, boys and girls, The A&F Field of Dreams is up. Current settings are an autodraft, points only scoring. Open to discussion on whether we want to keep those formats. If we were to (with a good even number of teams) swap to head to head, which categories would we want to use? I'll make some suggestions about that sometime soon, but feel free to let me know your favorite stats.

To sign up, go to Yahoo Fantasy Baseball. League ID: 205489 Password: screwball

Newbies welcome.

Last year, btw, since we had so few, we used only AL players. If we are similarly small this year, shall we swap to NL players?

Edited by Darrel Manson, 12 February 2010 - 10:33 AM.

#74 M. Leary

M. Leary

• 5,452 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

I signed up for this year. Thanks for the invite.

#75 zalm

zalm

• 173 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

I've got me some defending to do, so the Salmon Sox are back for yet another season. Hopefully we'll have enough to do a regular league, but if it's small again, I'm game for switching to the NL.

Thanks as always for setting things up, Darrel.

#76 Greg Wolfe

Greg Wolfe

Concedo Nulli

• Administrator
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:36 PM

The Sultans of Swat are ready to play.

#77 M. Leary

M. Leary

• 5,452 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

How do you guys organize the draft process? I have only ever played FB on ESPN. I simply need to know what to do to guarantee that Albert Pujols is on my team rather than your team. Thank you.

#78 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

• 6,650 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:56 PM

I can't image you having any competition for Pujols. Haven't you heard he's out for the season with a hay fever problem?

With an auto draft, you set your queue, and when the time comes, the computer will take the top player in your queue when your pick comes up. You should look through the scoring settings before you queue folks up, and will probably want to wait until we decide if we want to change things from how they were last year (e.g., switching from AL to NL only or combined if we get enough suckers players to join us. I've been thinking about a few minor tweaks to point system.

#79 LibrarianDeb

LibrarianDeb

• 232 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

I've just sent my husband the info...I'm sure he'll join.

#80 Crow

Crow

Alaskan Malamute

• 1,419 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:46 AM

The Bingo Long All-Stars have signed up and are ready to go.

Officially, the full team name should be the Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings, but it wouldn't fit.