Photo

Right. Listen to this.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stu

stu

• 899 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:13 AM

We have finally finished recordings of two new songs - 'Telegram' and 'Wire wool', and you can listen to them here. For some reason, a photo of me looking serious has ended up on this site. I have no idea how it got there, I will investigate.

I'll be honest - I love these songs, properly love them. I feel like we've actually created something worthwhile. And if you like Radiohead, the Cure, and, er Elbow then... so do we.

So if you have half a minute, give us a listen. Any feedback is welcome, obviously. Especially of the kind "Good grief, you're so good."

#2 Anders

Anders

Globe-trotting special agent

• 2,849 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:03 AM

No joke stu, I really liked your stuff.

You'll have to let me know when I can buy a copy of your EP or LP or whatever.

I also have a friend who I know will like you guys (and when I tell her that you have Interpol, Radiohead, and The Smiths listed in your influences, she will become an obsessive fan wink.gif ).

Ok, now I see on your myspace page, that you do have a couple of EPs available. Where? Are they on amazon.co.uk?

#3 stu

stu

• 899 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:09 AM

Thanks!

All our old recordings can be downloaded free here.

I'll be honest, the older ones are not up to the same standard, either as songs or as recordings. You might like them anyway, who knows, they might have a kind of ragged charm... smile.gif The plan is to release 'Telegram', 'Wire wool', and four or five other songs as a mini-album. "Release" in the loosest sense of the word.

#4 Anders

Anders

Globe-trotting special agent

• 2,849 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:15 AM

Excellent, now I can listen to these at the laundromat later this morning. Thanks stu!

#5 MattPage

MattPage

Bible Films Geek.

• 4,187 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:17 AM

I love you guys too much to have any critical discernment and input on your actual "choones", but I finally got a moment to listen to the CD you gave Mel at the weekend / Monday (?) and I found myself halfway through the last track getting excited about hearing it again when I'd finished.

And I liked the old stuff to. In fact just the mention of old stuff has "Won't you....turn around and...." going through my head again. Inevitably for the rest of the morning.

Matt

#6 stu

stu

• 899 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:58 PM

Well, just thought I'd interrupt the serious discussion of new and interesting music to say that... there is some new and interesting music up on our Myspace page.

It's a new song called "Role models". It is about role models. In this song we express the view that most of our role models are broken. The line that most clearly conveys this is the one that goes "Our role models/are broken". It also questions whether or not we as a race are likely to last, say, another hundred years; this line of enquiry is most forcefully pressed home in the line "I don't know if we'll last/another hundred years". Yes, we have finallly discovered subtlety. We chased it round with sticks for a while, until it was exhausted.

Anyway, it's just piano, and voice. And lyrics about the end of the world, the failiure of celebrity, plus something about giants.

Thankyou.

P.S. Any criticism, or suchlike, should be expressed in encoded form. For example: "Mmmm, interesting idea, not sure if you carried it through effectively" should be worded "Very nice. Very nice indeed. I feel like I have come home."