Photo

Arrested Development

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you respond to "catchy" new show promos?

How do you respond to "catchy" new show promos?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Christian

Christian

• 10,477 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:12 AM

The episode dealing with the Atkins diet is priceless.

I still haven't seen all of Season 3.

#82 Christian

Christian

• 10,477 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

I don't think we have an "Arrested Development" thread in the Film area, so this goes here.

'Arrested Development' Film Gets Closer

The "Arrested Development" feature has moved closer to reality, with Mitch Hurwitz and Ron Howard reportedly closing deals for the long-gestating project from Imagine and Fox Searchlight.

If they keep all the principals together, I don't see why we should think the film will be anything less than great. I know that's not the best way to approach these adaptations, which so often disappoint, but I'm hopeful.

#83 Jason Panella

Jason Panella

"I like the quiet."

• 3,566 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:18 AM

I think the show ended on a good note, so I'm a little wary of an attempt to revive it (as good as it could be). If it were a prequel...maybe that would work.

Anywho, I love how the comment section of that article immediately descends into a collection of one-liners from the show. "Annyong!"

#84 Thom Wade

Thom Wade

Happy Go Lucky Meat Machine

• 2,945 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:25 AM

I only hope they keep the "television" standards. Bleeping profanity and so on. It seemed the show was tailored to take advantage of the network censors. It would be a shame to lose that.

#85 M. Dale Prins

M. Dale Prins

Stop! Do a drum solo instead!

• 1,420 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

Rumor -- and actually, I think Hurwitz has confirmed it -- is it there's a holdout among the main cast, possibly Cera, possibly Portia. The latter you could do the film without; the former, no.

Dale

#86 Jason Panella

Jason Panella

"I like the quiet."

• 3,566 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (M. Dale Prins @ Nov 24 2008, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rumor -- and actually, I think Hurwitz has confirmed it -- is it there's a holdout among the main cast, possibly Cera, possibly Portia. The latter you could do the film without; the former, no.

I've read in several places that it's Cera. I've also read a few other un-related pieces where Cera has stated that he wants to get out of acting all together. I'm betting this is the case. (If I were a betting man, that is.)

#87 Christian

Christian

• 10,477 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

Paste says that Howard says all they need is a script.

#88 Christian

Christian

• 10,477 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:55 PM

Do we even want the movie version any more?

The potential barriers facing an Arrested Development movie are numerous, but there are two major questions worth addressing. First, do we really want one? Against all odds, the show's writers managed to tie up the show's numerous, complex character arcs in the series finale, and as it stands, all major plot points have been resolved.

And second, given Hurwitz's post-AD track record (including his mediocre new comedy Running Wilde), would the movie even be good?

#89 Jason Panella

Jason Panella

"I like the quiet."

• 3,566 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

Do we even want the movie version any more?

The potential barriers facing an Arrested Development movie are numerous, but there are two major questions worth addressing. First, do we really want one? Against all odds, the show's writers managed to tie up the show's numerous, complex character arcs in the series finale, and as it stands, all major plot points have been resolved.

And second, given Hurwitz's post-AD track record (including his mediocre new comedy Running Wilde), would the movie even be good?

Honestly? This is a very, very good question.

Edited by Jason Panella, 05 October 2010 - 02:37 PM.

#90 Gavin Breeden

Gavin Breeden

Baby, things will be better in Chicago...

• 320 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

A couple years ago, I would have said "YES!" But now, I don't know. As far as Hurwitz's track record, I found "Sit Down, Shut Up" to be tight, clever, and funny (putting me in the minority, apparently), but "Running Wilde" is just not very good. Also, just hearing about Michael Cera's reluctance to reprise the role that gave him ALL of the mannerisms that he has carried into every single role since irritates me. I don't think I could enjoy Cera as George-Michael again.

As it stands now, "Arrested Development" is almost perfect in my book. A crappy movie would definitely tarnish its legacy. I'd find myself recommending it to people with: "Yeah, I know, the movie was awful, but you should still get the DVDs of the show." I don't want that.

#91 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

Riding the crest of a wave breaking just west of Hollywood

• 5,235 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:18 PM

The window for the film has passed, I'm afraid.

#92 Tyler

Tyler

I always dreamed we'd be back here.

• 5,692 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

Movie rumors are starting up again.

Actor Will Arnett, who starred as G.O.B. on the 2003 – 2006 Fox comedy series, claimed that the film is in the works and should be in theaters next year.

Arnett’s confirmation on a recent episode of the WTF with Marc Maron Podcast is just the latest in a series of rumors surrounding a film since the program went off the air in February 2006.

#93 Tyler

Tyler

I always dreamed we'd be back here.

• 5,692 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

Boston Herald:

Major news for all my fellow NeverNudes out there. It was just announced at the New Yorker Festival that Arrested Development is returning to TV for one last “limited” season before making the film adaptation of the critically acclaimed, cult favorite show.

Show creator Mitch Hurtwitz made the announcement at the festival, which reunited the entire cast. A source from the audience at the festival claims on Twitter that “Limited run tv series would allow exposition for what each character has done for past 5 yrs then movie screenplay can jump right in.”

Even with this kind of announcement, I'm still in "believe it when I see it" mode.

#94 Josh Hurst

Josh Hurst

Already broken for thee.

• 4,924 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

A fourth season of Arrested Development?

Taste the happy, Michael!

#95 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

Riding the crest of a wave breaking just west of Hollywood

• 5,235 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:43 AM

A ten-episode run and then a movie? Wow. That's not what I expected. Part of me wants to play the cynic, but I'm such an unabashed fan of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT--for my money, it's the best TV comedy ever made--that I can't help but be excited at the thought of seeing everybody back together again.

#96 Jason Panella

Jason Panella

"I like the quiet."

• 3,566 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

A ten-episode run and then a movie? Wow. That's not what I expected. Part of me wants to play the cynic, but I'm such an unabashed fan of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT--for my money, it's the best TV comedy ever made--that I can't help but be excited at the thought of seeing everybody back together again.

I'm with you, Ryan. Even if this actually happens, I'm also scared that the awesomeness of Arrested Development's three seasons was a fluke.

#97 Josh Hurst

Josh Hurst

Already broken for thee.

• 4,924 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:37 AM

I'm with you, Ryan. Even if this actually happens, I'm also scared that the awesomeness of Arrested Development's three seasons was a fluke.

Mitch Hurwitz's post-Arrested career would certainly give one that impression!

#98 Gavin Breeden

Gavin Breeden

Baby, things will be better in Chicago...

• 320 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

I'm an AD fan divided here. I want this to be true, yet I'm scared it'll be terrible. Also, there has been so much talk of movies, etc since the show ended, I'm scared to get my hopes up. Although, admittedly, this announcement appears to be more of an official declaration than anything we've previously heard.

I just wish this was as egg as the nose on plain's face.

#99 Christian

Christian

• 10,477 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

Am I reading right past the detail about where the next season of the show will air?

#100 M. Leary

M. Leary

• 5,342 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

Am already wearing my jean shorts.