Any Myspace Musicians Out There?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Joel C

Joel C

Stuck in traffic somewhere between Canterbury and Rome

• 519 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:00 PM

Considering how this music section has been up for a while, there's a good chance I could get an "ahem". Also, I'm new at this, so if this belongs in a different section, moderators and admin, please, by all means, move it. But I couldn't resist. Does anyone have music on myspace or anywhere else accessible to the rest of us for listening? I know there's a bunch of you out there; I've already found a couple of you by following links in your profiles.

So, come on people! Bring forth the music!

Edit: So now I've put my music up here.

Edited by Joel C, 03 July 2006 - 08:53 AM.

#2 Jason Panella

Jason Panella

"I like the quiet."

• 3,695 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:19 PM

I do. And I'm fairly embarassed to link to it, but here goes.

I recorded the demos last summer. They're rough (one of them is REALLY rough, and almost hurts me to hear it). I hadn't played drums in maybe three years, too, before the recording.

Excuses, excuses.

#3 The Baptist Death Ray

The Baptist Death Ray

• 743 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:11 AM

I do have a Myspace page, but I primarily use Artistlaunch.

#4 stu

stu

• 899 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:29 AM

Here is our's.

No modesty for me. I love these tracks. They are probably better than anything recorded by anyone else, ever.

#5 bvl

bvl

• 41 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:57 AM

Yes, I use MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/bvl

That's my page for my own music, and I'll be adding a page soon for the collaborative project I did with my friend J. Schnable.

I still use my own website for the primary source of information about my music, but MySpace is a good way to reach a lot of people that wouldn't necessarily check out my site on its own, and keeps me connected in a way that's deeper than somebody reading my site (which is: http://www.chromedecay.org, so you can compare).

peace,

Bill

#6 Joel C

Joel C

Stuck in traffic somewhere between Canterbury and Rome

• 519 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:09 AM

Wow, cool. I didn't realize how many loved this thing. Nice music all around. Do any do it (music) full time?

I neglected to put mine up earlier, kind of testing the waters, so to speak. You can find it here.

Interestingly, noticed a good deal of electronica (and some great stuff at that). Liking it. Anyone here like the bands Air or Frou Frou?

Edited by Joel C, 03 July 2006 - 08:13 AM.

#7 Nick Alexander

Nick Alexander

White Knight

• 1,840 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:13 AM

I've finally got my MySpace Page up and going. My page promotes my parody-comedy, and I'm getting ready to promote my new album, once it is ready for mass consumption. Feel free to stop by...

#8 The Baptist Death Ray

The Baptist Death Ray

• 743 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE(Joel C @ Jul 3 2006, 09:09 AM) View Post

Wow, cool. I didn't realize how many loved this thing. Nice music all around. Do any do it (music) full time?

I wish. I'd really need co-conspirators in order for that to happen. Alas, they have been few and far between.

Interestingly, noticed a good deal of electronica (and some great stuff at that). Liking it. Anyone here like the bands Air or Frou Frou?

Never heard of 'em. The electronic parts of my stuff are more borne of necessity than intentional -- my home studio is not the greatest setup in the world, and the electronic stuff is actually easier to use in terms of getting a decent sound.

#9 Chashab

Chashab

• 541 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

I dont have one for music (although I do have one, mainly to see what's going on: I work in the internet "industry"), but my wife likes me to plug a couple of her friends who have them tongue.gif

Fool for Now

Traci Rae

Traci's site seems to be in the midst of a remodel???

#10 Joel

Joel

• 752 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:21 AM

We deleted our myspace page due to hacking, but you can see projects I have been and am involved with at dandelionmethod.com, biltus.com. and syntharmusic.com. Oh, and I think there is still a myspace page for another broken-up band I was in, at www.myspace.com/teamnovember.

#11 MichaelRay

MichaelRay

• 254 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:40 PM

I just set up a PureVolume page here. I'll probably do one on MySpace soon too. I've been waiting until I had some completed mixes before I jumped into the online thing. Any wisdom from you experienced musicians would be much appreciated! I've been writing for years but have just started to play outside of my living room.

#12 Kent

Kent

• 54 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, Ive got one, too. Strictly instrumental - you do NOT want to hear me sing! eek.gif

http://www.myspace.com/kenthamaker

Enjoy!

#13 benthere

benthere

• 54 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

Here's mine:

www.myspace.com/benjohnsonsteeldog

This is an old thread, but I just joined this forum and figured I'd add to the list...

#14 anglicanbeachparty

anglicanbeachparty

• 231 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

Here is my band's MySpace page:

Chrome Folk Bar-B-Q