Trailer Alert!

Based on this teaser, I think we're going to have some fine discussions on this movie when it comes out.

Yes, but not nearly as many as when Bloodrayne comes out. I predict we'll be seeing this one appear on the "Top 100" soon...

"I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come..."
Opus, Twitter, Facebook

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on this teaser, I think we're going to have some fine discussions on this movie when it comes out.

Yes, but not nearly as many as when Bloodrayne comes out. I predict we'll be seeing this one appear on the "Top 100" soon...

Oh yeah? Well how about a Dead or Alive trailer??

(I don't suggest watching this - while the content is semi-morally questionable, it's apparent lack of any real kind of artistry made my eyes bleed.)

Oh yeah? Well how about a Dead or Alive trailer??

(I don't suggest watching this - while the content is semi-morally questionable, it's apparent lack of any real kind of artistry made my eyes bleed.)

Yet somehow I found it to be quite a bit more amusing than either the Bloodrayne or The Shadow of the King, or whatever the hell that monstrosity of a movie is going to be called.

Edited by solishu

Scott -- 2nd Story -- Twitter

• 2 weeks later...

"A director must live with the fact that his work will be called to judgment by someone who has never seen a film of Murnau's." - François Truffaut

Twitter.
Letterboxd.

Reviews and essays at Three Brothers Film.

Cool.

In that shot where you see Wolverine with his head back and teeth bared in the forest... Croaker, Anne, and I are sitting in chairs next to Brett Ratner about fifty feet to Wolvie's right.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

Here's the new M:I-3 trailer. Wow, some of that aciton is ridiculously great.

"A director must live with the fact that his work will be called to judgment by someone who has never seen a film of Murnau's." - François Truffaut

Twitter.
Letterboxd.

Here's the new M:I-3 trailer. Wow, some of that aciton is ridiculously great.

Meh. The one thing that was kinda cool was the explosion throwing Cruise into the car beside him. That was a nice touch.

FWIW, that's the scene I was refering to.

Twitter.
Letterboxd.

Don't turn in your top ten lists just yet... not until you've seen this one. If the trailer is any indication, it looks wonderful.

Tristam Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

UPDATE (after solishu's reply): Well, okay, if it doesn't open until 2006... go ahead and turn in your lists.... Shoot. My Top Ten list can use all the help it can get this year.

Edited by Jeffrey Overstreet

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

Don't turn in your top ten lists just yet... not until you've seen this one. If the trailer is any indication, it looks wonderful.

Tristam Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

Except it comes out in 06.

Though if it's really good, perhaps it may appear on some 06 top ten lists.

And hooray for more Gillian Anderson! I've missed her.

Scott -- 2nd Story -- Twitter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Liked Mad Hot Ballroom? Take the Lead stars Antonio Banderas as a ballroom dancer who teaches kids to dance in NYC--based on the story of Pierre Dulaine & his "dancing classroom" project.

There is this difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is a continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection. (George MacDonald, The Princess and Curdie)

Isn't narrative structure enough of an ideology for art? (Greg Wright)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy schnikes!! A Vietnam War film, written and directed by Werner Herzog, and starring Christian Bale (who's cachectic yet again)!

Apparently, it's based on his documentary, Little Dieter Needs to Fly. Alas, I've found no release date for it.

To be an artist is never to avert one's eyes.
- Akira Kurosawa

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularcinephile/

Superman Returns!

It's...it's... pretty darned awesome, actually.

In case you were wondering, my name is spelled "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."