Great Versions of the Psalms

MattPage

I was wondering if anyone knew any great versions of the Psalms, (particularly ones that can be downloaded for free in some format). So for example some of Sinead O'Connor's "Theology", but it could be any style, e.g classical, choir etc. My BIble course nas got to Psalms and I thought I'd maybe collect some listen and see how they relate to the originals.

Thanks

Matt

http://thetreescommunity.com/

must give credit to folks on this forum, especially Thom Jurek, who brought it to my attention upon it's reissue (was that really over a year ago?) in this thread.

I was wondering if anyone knew any great versions of the Psalms, (particularly ones that can be downloaded for free in some format). So for example some of Sinead O'Connor's "Theology", but it could be any style, e.g classical, choir etc. My BIble course nas got to Psalms and I thought I'd maybe collect some listen and see how they relate to the originals.

Thanks

Matt

John Michael Talbot's solo albums -- a dozen or more of them -- are predominantly but not exclusively acoustic folkie renditions of the Psalms.
I second that. Also, Joe Hand (google it) has an exceptional MOR Psalms album.

Then again, we live in the world of iTunes, where many individual versions of a Psalm or two can be cobbled together into playlists. Kim Hill's Psalm 1 comes to mind, as well as Keith Green's Psalm 8, Vineyard Worship's Psalm 9, etc, etc... I believe the group 2 Ch of Acts has a doubly-exceptional-non-dated Ps 63, and even the popular praise anthem "Step By Step" is based on a Psalm.

Are there particular Psalms that you'd like to hear versions of? I have access to the CCLI database, and while it's not perfect, it has helped me discover many songs based on specific passages in Scripture.

Edited by Nick Alexander

Nick Alexander

Keynote, Worship Leader, Comedian, Parodyist

Host of the Prayer Meeting Podcast - your virtual worship oasis. (Subscribe)