Anchorman 2

Overstreet

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Harrison Ford Signs On for 'Anchorman 2' (Exclusive)

Before dusting off the Millennium Falcon for a Star Wars sequel, Harrison Ford will sharpen his comedic chops for a role in Paramount's Anchorman 2.

Ford will play a legendary newscaster a la Tom Brokaw in the Adam McKay-helmed comedy, which begins shooting this month in Atlanta. He previously played an anchorman in the film Morning Glory. . . .

Hollywood Reporter, March 4

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

• 5 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

Adam McKay says they have enough jokes to release two completely different versions of the movie.

The movie is locked at one hour and 53 minutes (“the longest one we’ve ever done”), but there was enough raw material shot to make another movie in its entirety. And that’s what McKay wants to do; although this one won’t just be Wake Up Ron Burgundy 2, if he has his druthers. “We did so much improv on this one that we can literally replace every single joke in the movie and put in alt scenes and alt improv runs. I think the editor’s working on it right now, with 250 new jokes. I think it would be really funny to put it in theatres for midnight showings.

It's the side effects that save us.
--The National, "Graceless"
Twitter Blog

Wake Up Ron Burgundy really sucked. The unrated cut of Anchorman replaced some of its best jokes with really banal alternatives. I hope they work hard to come up with a Best version, instead of spreading their best material over two alternatives.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

This is one absurd and silly movie.  My favourite moment... Brick's little fit of rage, about halfway through, when he was defending his new friend.  That was awesome.

• 1 month later...

R-Rated 'Anchorman 2' Hitting Theaters for One Week

Will Ferrell's scotch-loving newscaster is returning to theaters with an R-rated version of Anchorman 2, this one featuring 763 new jokes. . . .

It'll open against Son of God, itself an edited/recut version of History's The Bible. . . .

Hollywood Reporter, February 20

• 9 months later...