Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The 2006 Arts & Faith Top100 List of Spiritually Significant Films

61 posts in this topic

The Invisible Man wrote:

: I use "lol" as I would a smiley, simply to indicate that I am trying to be friendly, or if I want the person

: to whom I am replying to know that I am typing with a smile on my face.

FWIW, Invisible Man, I have always found it a little off-putting when people type "LOL" in response to their own remarks -- laughing at their own jokes, as it were. Smileys are much, much better, because they reach out to people and they reflect what goes on in actual conversations. I don't think I'd want to have too many conversations with a person who was always "laughing out loud" at his own jokes.

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

As I explained earlier, I use "lol" to indicate that my comments are meant to be good natured or ironic. I certainly don't want people to think that I am being smug or self-congratulatory. When I used to chat (in chatrooms, I mean), I frequently found that friendly teasing could be misinterpreted if a "lol" was omitted. I will try to remember to cut them out and use smilies instead as per your recommendation.

Edited by The Invisible Man

as far as I know

Tanks!

FWIW, Invisible Man, I have always found it a little off-putting when people type "LOL" in response to their own remarks -- laughing at their own jokes, as it were. Smileys are much, much better, because they reach out to people and they reflect what goes on in actual conversations. I don't think I'd want to have too many conversations with a person who was always "laughing out loud" at his own jokes.

Not that you're nit-picking, or anything lol. :D

Any of you Stat Jocks (heh, heh) wanna put together an analysis of risers and sinkers on the list? OR Alan? Wanna put a "last year's position" column on the new /t100 page?

A quick look and I can find a link to the 04 list, but not the 05.

Thanks for getting this up, Alan.

It looks like you've got The Song of Bernadette listed twice - at #2 and #99.

: OK, folks: we're ready for blogging, writing, and what-have-you

Okey-dokey

Matt

Has anyone with wiki skills thought of adding a link to "film" in Wikipedia. There is a list of lists there.

I was looking at the list of our 2006 films at the top of the forum page. On the left are screen shots of some of the films. But I can't identify them all.

Can someone help me by listing them in order as they appear?

Thanks.

Sara

Looks like the top 22 films in order.

Looks like the top 22 films in order.

Well, yes. So it is! I see that now. I was stuck on the Mission (even though I have seen it) as well as a few others that I had seen. I never saw Stalker.

Thanks for your help, Darrel.

Sara

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0