U2-- new album rumors, speculation, gossip, fanboy gushing

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

There are also rumors that a "special edition" of Under a Blood Red Sky similar to the recent Joshua Tree re-release will come out in May. They need to wait until AT LEAST October, if not much longer, for a new album to allow the Joshua Tree reissue/U23D/theoretical UABRS reissue market saturation to wear off. :(

I dunno, Morgan. U2 has been out of the splotlight for a long time. I think their label is really gonna push them to release something new this year so they can ride the wave of publicity from U23D. Striking while the iron is hot, so to speak.

Partner in Cahoots

www.cahootsmag.com

I dunno, Morgan. U2 has been out of the splotlight for a long time. I think their label is really gonna push them to release something new this year so they can ride the wave of publicity from U23D. Striking while the iron is hot, so to speak.

I understand what you're saying. The response to U23D, even among U2-haters, has been so overwhelmingly positive that it would be folly not to "strike while the iron is hot," as you say.

Regardless of marketing considerations, the first potential release date for a U2 album from an official source very rarely, if ever, ends up being the actual release date.