What to do in Vegas

Darrel Manson

The bad news is we're there on a weekend, which means crowds. We're staying at Paris, going across the street to Belagio for party after a wedding. We go see O late Sunday. What else will fill our time? Going outside needs to be kept at a minimum since they haven't air conditioned the streets and side walks yet. I hear Paris has a nice sports book, so I plan on spending a fair amount of time there watching baseball on Sunday. Video poker may kill about 30 minutes. Any suggestions of stuff worth leaving the AC to see?

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin

I've been there three times, for work, and have the most dismal of memories about the place. I've often thought that, now 10 years after my last visit, and given various changes in my life since then, a re-evaluation might be in order. But I doubt it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

Get out of town. See the Hoover Dam. Go hiking or four-wheeling.

You missed the part about it being too hot to spend much time outside the AC.

This is obviously a personal call, but the last time I visited Vegas was in mid-summer, and thought it was certainly hot, it was so dry (low humidity) that it actually felt kind of nice - at least compared to what I was used to in the South. They were certainly the most comfortable 90+ degree days I had ever experienced...

"You guys don't really know who you're dealing with."

"Oh yeah, and who exactly are we dealing with?"

"I'm the mother flippin' rhymenoceros."

Bellagio. Fountain. I am sorry it is out-of-doors, but.

Dale

The Bellagio fountain is especially cool at night, as is the "old Vegas" strip, which is definitely worth checking out if you haven't been there. Very cool (in a redneck sort of way) light show...

I actually just found out that I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks as well - Sept 11 & 12 to be exact - for the long-delayed premiere of the last Project Greenlight movie "Feast." It's my first official premiere invite, so I'm pretty jazzed...

I can't believe I've missed this thread before...

If anyone visits Vegas in the future, send me a PM. I'd love to get together...

popechild:

I actually just found out that I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks as well - Sept 11 & 12 to be exact - for the long-delayed premiere of the last Project Greenlight movie "Feast."

If you've got any free time during your visit, drop me a line!

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
"I want to believe in art-induced epiphanies." -- Josie
"I would never be dismissive of pop entertainment; it's much too serious a matter for that." -- NBooth

"If apologetics could prove God, I would lose all faith in Him." -- Josie

"What if--just what if--the very act of storytelling is itself redemptive? What if gathering up the scraps and fragments of a disordered life and binding them between the pages of a book in all of their fragmentary disorder is itself a gambit against that disorder?" -- NBooth

I can't believe I've missed this thread before...

If anyone visits Vegas in the future, send me a PM. I'd love to get together...

popechild:

I actually just found out that I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks as well - Sept 11 & 12 to be exact - for the long-delayed premiere of the last Project Greenlight movie "Feast."

If you've got any free time during your visit, drop me a line!

Sure thing... though probably I'll be hanging out with my boys Damon and Affleck the whole time, so we'll see... :)