Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Trailer Alert!

Last night, Katie Couric interviewed Hugh Jackman on tv and they talked A LOT about what a good Bond he would make. He even did an impression. He convinced me. But apparently, "No one has approached him yet." But he'd sure be "open to the idea."

Another reason that Hugh Jackman should NOT be Bond.

The Story Of The Weeping Camel

I meant to catch this one at last year's Toronto film festival. I talked to a couple of people who saw it, and they said it was just amazing - and the trailer certainly looks intriguing. Hopefully, the local college theatre will snag it.

The Farenheit 911 is out.

The trailer is now available on Apple's site, as well.

Edited by opus

The international trailer for House Of Flying Daggers (Zhang Yimou's followup to Hero) just surfaced.

Click here... (Requires RealPlayer.)

Edited by opus

excl.gif A bit of FOUL LANGUAGE in this (one 4 letter word)... BEWARE excl.gif

This is really a teaser, not a trailer for Color Me Kubrick. I don't know about anyone else, but if I'd met the man... my reaction would probably be the same.

Edited by Baal_T'shuvah

The international trailer for House Of Flying Daggers (Zhang Yimou's followup to Hero) just surfaced.

-----> Click here... <-----  (Requires RealPlayer.)

An additional "http://" was left on at the beginning. I fixed the link in my quote of Opus' post. That will get you there.

It looks like the forum might be automatically adding an "http://" to the front of the URL. So here it is...

rtsp://210.71.186.110:554/200405/movie/Realma_HwsedRsdfdgo.rm

Just copy and paste. Sorry about the confusion.

Edited by opus

so it is. good move.

The Grudge

This is the Sam Raimi-produced American remake of Ju-On, which I caught last year in Toronto (here's my review). I'm not a big horror buff, but this movie was awesome (and seeing it at midnight with 950 other terrified moviegoers was quite the experience). The trailer looks pretty good, and it has some of my fave scenes from the original (the elevator scene, the shower scene, etc.).

The latest from Hayao Miyazaki... Howl's Moving Castle.

(Link points to trailer, and contains an English translation.)

Edited by opus

Not really a trailer per se, but some behind-the-scenes footage and a lovely scene from Jean-Pierre Jeunet's latest...

Un Long Dimanche de Fiancailles

Click here for the movie's site (in French).

Edited by opus

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it a little weird that the trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's new film, The Village, puts the years "2000" and "2001" over the images from The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable when, in fact, those films came out in 1999 and 2000, respectively? (At least they got "2002" and Signs right!)

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it a little weird that the trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's new film, The Village, puts the years "2000" and "2001" over the images from The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable when, in fact, those films came out in 1999 and 2000, respectively?  (At least they got "2002" and Signs right!)

I was wondering about that myself. Is the studio trying to make it look as though Shyamalan is more of a wunderkind than he already is, by grouping these 3 films into 3 consecutive successful years? And if so, will they list The Village as a 2003 release a couple years down the road, when he releases his next movie. laugh.gif At least it wasn't marketed as, "The Sixth Film by M. Night Shyamalan." laugh.gif

I don't know about anyone else, but I always look forward to a year that has a John Sayles movie being released. So, without further adieu...

SILVER CITY

... to be released in Sept. What a cast! Chris Cooper, Richard Dreyfuss, Tim Roth, Daryl Hannah, and Kris Kristofferson.

Baal_T'shuvah wrote:

: At least it wasn't marketed as, "The Sixth Film by M. Night Shyamalan."

Actually, I wouldn't object at all if it was -- just to see how much confusion it would cause, and just because it would be good to see Shyamalan not go on acting as though his earlier films (at least one of which WAS pretty bad) didn't exist.

I assume you're alluding to the ads for Kill Bill here too, right? I got a kick out of the fact that Vol. 1 was advertised as "The 4th film..." (I guess we're going to overlook Four Rooms?) whereas Vol. 2 was advertised simply as "The new film..." I wonder what they'll do for Tarantino's future releases!

excl.gif This trailer contains a "conjugation of the verb" (a past-tense 4 letter word) excl.gif

Here's another one for SAW. This one just gets more disturbing with each bit of info that slowly comes out. Last week it was the two international posters that got released, now this new and completely different trailer.

Edited by Baal_T'shuvah

A 6-minute preview of Steamboy (the one from Katsuhiro Otomo) popped up not too long ago. It's all in Japanese but no matter... I get a real Castle In The Sky vibe, thanks to all of the Jules Verne-esque technology and devices.

300K Version

100K Version

56K Version

(Requires Windows Media Player.)

When Jamie Foxx is on, he is ON!

Ray

Saw this preview for The Forgotten at the screening of The Bourne Supremecy. 2004 seems to be the year for movies that feature mind control, or people messing with their own minds.... The Butterfly Effect - The Manchurian Candidate - heck, throw in The Bourne Supremecy.

Jason should like this... it has Julianne Moore. laugh.gif