Sign in to follow this  

Ratings Enabled for TV, music

So I guess this means no more 8-page threads devoted to everything Sufjan Stevens decides to put to tape?

"It is scandalous for Christians to have an imagination starved for God." - Mark Filiatreau

I write occasionally at Unfamiliar Stars.

I think we've discussed this before--rating TV series that are ongoing is pretty dicey. A show that starts out great could end up going downhill in a big way.

I, for example, gave up on ALIAS after season 1 or 2--just one wig after another as far as I was concerned. (I know few here agree with me.) Now that the series has ended, and I know it never got any better, I feel confident in rating it. STUDIO 60, on the other hand, seemed overwrought in ep. 1, but it could get better.

These concerns may not be an issue if we can change our ratings and the change registers. If we can only rate a show/film/CD once, though, I'm only rating series that have ended or been cancelled. Like FIREFLY ( 5.0/5 , of course)

There is this difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is a continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection. (George MacDonald, The Princess and Curdie)

Isn't narrative structure enough of an ideology for art? (Greg Wright)

You *are* able to change your ratings...

Good to know! :)

There is this difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is a continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection. (George MacDonald, The Princess and Curdie)

Isn't narrative structure enough of an ideology for art? (Greg Wright)

Alan - When do the ratings begin to show up? I've rated a number of specific albums and television shows but have yet to see anything show up.

"It is scandalous for Christians to have an imagination starved for God." - Mark Filiatreau

Thanks Alan. I guess I'll just have to rest knowing that at this point at least my vote counts - in my head.