Sign in to follow this  
DanBuck

Baylor - Waco, TX

What do you know about the school, the theatre department, the area?

What do you love or hate about the above?

Anybody live close by?

It is a Baptist-affiliated school (The Baptist General Convention of Texas) that has a strong reputation for academics in certain fields. A good friend of mine in a professor in the Classics department there.

Oh, Waco was the home of the Branch Davidians, but I don't think you have to worry about that now.

As an alumnus of another Texas Baptist school, I didn't care for the superior attitude of many Baylor students toward their sister schools. I'm certain I received a better education in my degree program than I would have at Baylor.

Anybody live close by?

I'm about 90 minutes away.

Edited by TexasWill

"If the Christian subculture exists primarily to condemn the world, you can be sure that Jesus is not having any part of it." - John Fischer

"Ignorance is excusable when it is borne like a cross, but when it is wielded like an axe, and with moral indignation, then it becomes something else indeed." - Flannery O'Connor

First thing to keep in mind: It's Texas. They don't require a passport, but you will be living in a foreign country.

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin

Do they distribute guns at the border?

You don't get your handguns until you obtain a Texas Driver's License. :)

"If the Christian subculture exists primarily to condemn the world, you can be sure that Jesus is not having any part of it." - John Fischer

"Ignorance is excusable when it is borne like a cross, but when it is wielded like an axe, and with moral indignation, then it becomes something else indeed." - Flannery O'Connor

Anybody live close by?

Well, I do. Like Will, I'm also in the DFW area to the north.

My Dad went to Baylor for a time way back in the day (what day, I don't really know), and another teacher that I work with graduated from there recently. She said that the party atmosphere is alive and well, which also means that, being a Baptist school, the hypocrisy is too. But that may not affect a family guy like you.

I don't know if my post is past any deadlines you may have, but what's going on? (PM me if you like.)