Sign in to follow this  
Spoon

Final Draft 6

Does anyone here use this, or any other screenwriting software?

And do you reccomend something like this to a beginning screenwriter?

I highly recommend this type of software. I don't use Final Draft but I do use Movie Magic Screenwriting. It's pretty much the same idea.

You can write a screenplay without it but it definitely makes it so you don't have to worry about formatting. Instead of technicalities you can just write.

Of course it's not the tool but the story that really counts, but if your serious then you'll get it eventually anyway and you might as well learn with it.

Since screenplays are so concerned with page counts and things like that it definitely helps in pacing also.

Hope this helps.

Matt

I agree with Matt, these types of software can make the writing format process easier, although if you take the initial set up time with a typical word processor you can create a template, which works quite well. This word processing template path is definitely the most cost effective.

Final Draft is an excellent program and is designed to be more intuitive than a word processing template. Recently I have been using a program called SceneWriterPro, which I like. I will be installing a demo of Final Draft AV soon. I will try to post some opinion of that later.

Isn't there something unsettling about the idea of a sixth edition of a product called Final Draft?