Sign in to follow this  
Christian

The News Right Now

Bookmark this site, but beware: It's addictive.

About six weeks ago, it stopped updating. I thought it was dead. But a week or two ago, out of the blue, the updates started appearing again. Hurray!

Headlines from the major papers listed up top on the site often echo each other -- they're usually Reuters or AP stories (which are already listed separately under their own organization's sites!), picked up by the papers. I wish those headlines were oriented more toward original reporting.

It's the blog section that draws me in. I've clicked on more left-wing blog posts since discovering The News Right Now than I ever have before -- sorry to say that I've been largely unimpressed so far, although I keep clicking -- and have increased my traffic to the right-wing blogs as well.

I have no idea who runs The News Right Now, but I count the site as a public service.

Edited by Christian

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker