Sign in to follow this  
Tony Watkins

Liviu Mocan

Anybody here come across the work of Liviu Mocan? He's a brilliant, brilliant sculptor. And he's a Christian whose faith shapes all of his work. Having lived and worked as a Christian through the Communist era, he has an interesting perspective on being seen as dubious - by the Communists because of his faith, and by the church because he's an artist. After the revolution, he was commissioned to create the Memorial of the Martyrs of the Revolution in Cluj (see here for scale model).

He is the most gracious, humble man with an astonishing fire of creativity within him. Really inspiring. I highly recommend downloading the video Seed Among Ruins from his site.

Anybody here come across the work of Liviu Mocan? He's a brilliant, brilliant sculptor. And he's a Christian whose faith shapes all of his work. Having lived and worked as a Christian through the Communist era, he has an interesting perspective on being seen as dubious - by the Communists because of his faith, and by the church because he's an artist. After the revolution, he was commissioned to create the Memorial of the Martyrs of the Revolution in Cluj (see here for scale model).

He is the most gracious, humble man with an astonishing fire of creativity within him. Really inspiring. I highly recommend downloading the video Seed Among Ruins from his site.

Had not seen him before, but thanks for pointing him out, Tony! I like the definite coherence between all his work in the various media.

Chashab   

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.