Gnarls Barkley - The Odd Couple

So exciting!

And I've heard a lot of rumors that the title of the album is Atlantis, but I'm not sure if that's been verified or not. The Rolling Stone link doesn't mention it, which makes me skeptical.

According to Pitchfork, it's The Odd Couple:

44304.gnarls.jpg

And here's the alleged first single, "Run".

Edited by Steve Vander Woude

"Do not bury our glorious orthodoxy in the treacherous pit of a spurious conservatism". -- Abraham Kuyper

You can also listen to "Run" here (for now, at least).

"I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come..."
Opus, Twitter, Facebook

• 4 weeks later...
Watch the video for "Run". And yes, that is Justin Timberlake.

"I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come..."
Opus, Twitter, Facebook

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thom_jurek

According to a press release this afternoon from publicist Karli Stein, The Gnarls Barkley record was rushed released today, March 18, nearly a month early. It's available for internet download and at "select" retailers--meaning big box brick and mortars and Amazon more than likely. The better questions is WHY have so many release dates become so nebulous? Easy: this album in particular had been leaked and was being downloaded like crazy for the past two and a half weeks. The release cited all kinds of ridiculous reasons, but this is the main one and of course the biz would never admit it--they still think everyone else is the problem.

The good news is that those of us who want t purchase a copy of the CD can, right now. I'm waiting for wax myself . . . ok, I will probably get both.

On the surface, it doesnt sound as striking as St. Elsewhere. It may also be a bit top-heavy on the production finesse side, but I find it a captivating ride nonetheless. "Going On" is the standout track for me so far.

"The things we enjoy are channels through which the divine glory strikes us, and those who love and delight in any good thing may yet learn to love God." --Gilbert Meilaender

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...