Current line is NE -11.5 or 12 (one book has it -28!). Over/Under is 54.5.

Feel free to say who will win (outright and/or spread). Score. MVP. Whatever you want to predict.

I'll go with NE winning outright, but won't go against the spread. I will say under, though. MVP will be a defensive player.

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin

I think NE will win but I am rooting for NY.

Who, outside of someone living in NE, can actually like Mr Arrogant Tom Brady?

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

I think NE will win but I am rooting for NY.

Who, outside of someone living in NE, can actually like Mr Arrogant Tom Brady?

I think New England will win easily; two touchdowns at least.

I don't mind Tom Brady. He's very good, and perhaps the best QB ever, but he doesn't come off as arrogant to me. In fact, the recent profile of Brady on 60 Minutes showed him to be a bit of a sad character, a guy who has everything and who has won everything, and who still knows the "God-shaped hole," although I'm not sure that he would identify it as such.

Bill Bellichick is a different matter. Not only is he boring, but he's a cheat. I don't know what can be done about his completely nondescript personality. Dressing as a homeless person doesn't help. But there is absolutely no way he (or his team) should have gotten away with the relative slap on the wrist that the league dished out after Spygate.

I actually hope New England wins, though. I can't say that I like them particularly. But there is something quite amazing about watching a team that may be at the peak of what a football team can be. I felt the same way when watching Michael Jordan's Bulls during the '90s. Their winning never became boring for me. I simply reveled in the artistry of a great team. I respect the Patriots for the same reason.

35 seconds left. Unbelievable.

The Dolphins remain the only unbeaten team. Unless the next 35 seconds has a huge surprise.

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

Bill Bellichick is a different matter. Not only is he boring, but he's a cheat. I don't know what can be done about his completely nondescript personality. Dressing as a homeless person doesn't help. But there is absolutely no way he (or his team) should have gotten away with the relative slap on the wrist that the league dished out after Spygate.
Not that this is a surprise, but he's also a classless jerk. He couldn't even stay on the field until the game was over.

That really was amazing.

Definitely the best 4th quarter I can remember in SB history. (Of course, that makes up for the first half being the most boring in SB history.)

Congrats to Eli. Wow.

I can't believe it, but I actually feel sorry for Brady.

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

I rather enjoyed all four quarters, quite contrary to my expectations. Sure, there wasn't much scoring, but there were very few three-and-out series, and the defense on both teams was exciting to watch.

So you ladies and you gentlemen, pull your bloomers on...

-Joe Henry