So... I'm assigned to review Noise for CT.

I can't find a publicist in town who knows anything about it.

And it's opening May 9th?

Edited by Overstreet

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

That's a curious storyline, isn't it?

Maybe Robbins is laying low after his NAB speech/rant went over so well? From DCRTV:

NABer Out After Robbins Fallout - 4/28 - The trade pubs are reporting that Pam Magnani has left her job as the DC-based National Association Of Broadcasters' senior VP of meetings and conferences. The speculation is that her departure may be related to her role in booking lefty activist actor Tim Robbins as the keynote speaker at the NAB's annual confab in Las Vegas. Robbins' politically-charged speech ripped the radio industry and, in particular, talk radio.....

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

It's strange... some of the reviews on this movie's Rotten Tomatoes page are not reviews for this film at all... they're for another film of the same title.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

It's strange... some of the reviews on this movie's Rotten Tomatoes page are not reviews for this film at all... they're for another film of the same title.

That happens more often than you'd think.

“I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” — Flannery O'Connor

Writing at the new Decent Films | Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

• 2 weeks later...
Noise is the most preposterous, unbearable moviegoing experience I've endured in years. And that includes Run, Fat Boy Run. I might have to go back as far as Dreamcatcher to get anywhere close.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Noise is the most preposterous, unbearable moviegoing experience I've endured in years. And that includes Run, Fat Boy Run. I might have to go back as far as Dreamcatcher to get anywhere close.

This makes me very, very sad. As soon as I saw this title, I was thrilled. I LOVE The Believer and have been waiting for Henry Bean to do something else...