Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

The Lord of the Rings (1978)

Links to 'Religious imagery in LotR page to screen' (Aug 2003), 'Extended 'Fellowship''2 Towers' hit theatres BEFORE 'Return'' (Aug 2003), 'The Two Towers DVD: Is this edition worth buying?' (Aug - Sep 2003), 'Return of the King, ELEVEN Oscars! At last!' (Sep 2003 - Apr 2004), 'GANDALF THE GrAY' (Oct 2003), 'The Two Towers - Extended Edition (split from ROTK)' (Nov - Dec 2003), 'McKellen: No Source of Morality in Hobbiton?' (Dec 2003), 'The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, (the entire filmed work)' (Dec 2003 - Apr 2008), 'LOTR: The Return of The King - Extended Edition' (Mar 2004 - May 2005), 'Ringers:Lord Of The Fans, Premiering at Sundance...' (Jan 2005 - May 2008), 'LOTR EEs, Discussing them as one complete film...' (Feb 2005 - Jun 2006) and 'Re-reading LOTR in light of the films, Who do you see in your mind?' (Nov 2005).

Let me know if I missed anything. (Those threads all exist in the Film forum, BTW. I'm sure the list would be even longer if we counted Literature or even Music, etc.)

- - -

Animator Ralph Bakshi on Why 'American Pop' Ended With a Lame Bob Seger Song

Do you have a particular aversion to orchestral music? I know that for your version of Lord of the Rings, you were at one point considering Led Zeppelin.

Not at one point. I was thinking all the way. I hate Leonard Rosenman's music in Lord of the Rings. I thought it was clich